the lemming

Paid for domestic DVR software suggestions?

I've got one analogue video CCTV camera and one dedicated PC with a 1Tb hard drive to capture anything.

I would appreciate any suggestions for software that:

Stamps time and date on footage

Motion detection of people

You get what you pay for and the free stuff that I have tried does not suit my puropses.

However I bought a licence for Vitamin D, which is excellent, but sadly does not stamp a time or date onto the footage.

Cheers

In the old days of vcrs and switchers sometimes the the equipment had no time and date and you could buy a separate time and date injector that you fitted inline with the camera, Google for one of these.

If you're looking for inexpensive, Blue Iris will timestamp and do motion detect, and is only $50. You can download a trial version that's identical to the full version except for a watermark across the video.

Others will have to recommend the higher priced spreads.

I've got one analogue video CCTV camera and one dedicated PC with a 1Tb hard drive to capture anything.

I would appreciate any suggestions for software that:

Stamps time and date on footage

Motion detection of people

You get what you pay for and the free stuff that I have tried does not suit my puropses.

However I bought a licence for Vitamin D, which is excellent, but sadly does not stamp a time or date onto the footage.

Cheers

Well its been a few months, and I'm hoping that this bump will help with some more suggestions.

Not a fan of Vitamin D, even though I am still using it because I still have not found anything useful.

However today I am trying Blue Iris.

Cheers

Are you happy with your present camera? As an alternative to buying software, if you're in an upgrading mood you might consider getting one that you can program the present time and location description into via the on-screen menu or web interface (for network cams).

What kind of analog capture device are you using now to save the analog camera footage to the HD? Must not be CCTV oriented if it can't do MD or timestamp. I've seen Chinese 4ch D1 CCTV capture cards with software (would include motion detection and timestamp) for sale shipped for less than the cost of the cheapest Blue Iris option ($30 IIRC).