Sign in to follow this  
m33ksauce

NVS Center - Setup Issues

I hope I'm posting in the correct thread.

The company I work for uses a couple IP Surveillance cameras from a company called Heivision. They package their cameras with a product called NVS Center, and I can't find support for it anywhere. (In fact, when I google it, it only turns up links to the software on obscure file-sharing sites)

The issue I'm running into is that the software installs and records fine on whatever system I install it on, but will only play back on the server it was originally installed on. When I try to play back video recorded on the other systems, I receive the initial error message "Other Error: 998," which is entirely useless. Shortly after that, the software begins to crash entirely, and occasionally states that my system memory is low (when I've verified that it isn't).

I called the company, and after fighting with them to give me support, they cannot tell me what that error means, or offer me any other input. They did give me a new version of the software, which yields the same error.

On top of this, I'm the sole IT guy at this small company, and I have no experience whatsoever with surveillance cameras.

Can anyone help?