TyrantUT

PC based DVR system, with client system running 7 monitors.

I want to put in a PC based DVR system to replace our standalone systems and need some help choosing the best one. The biggest thing is the ability to have a remote client inside the network be able to use 7 monitors. I don't want to have to open 7 instances of Internet Explorer or any software. Basically, I want a dedicated computer somewhere in the office to connect to the DVR system over the network, and give me the ability to move around cameras over 7 screens without having to open multiple instances of any software. It makes it really difficult to rearrange the screens after a reboot.

So to recap,

1 PC based DVR system with 32 camera

1 PC connecting remotely to the DVR system with 7 monitors attached

Software to display any given camera on any screen without having to open it multiple times. Either a single camera per screen, or multiple cameras per screen

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I want to put in a PC based DVR system to replace our standalone systems and need some help choosing the best one. The biggest thing is the ability to have a remote client inside the network be able to use 7 monitors. I don't want to have to open 7 instances of Internet Explorer or any software. Basically, I want a dedicated computer somewhere in the office to connect to the DVR system over the network, and give me the ability to move around cameras over 7 screens without having to open multiple instances of any software. It makes it really difficult to rearrange the screens after a reboot.

So to recap,

Software to display any given camera on any screen without having to open it multiple times. Either a single camera per screen, or multiple cameras per screen

Avigilon can have 9 separate active windows (each windows can have up tp 36 divisions) on one instance of client running

The trick is to get video cards with 7 "outputs"

then u can configure as u wish

3xlogic systems will do this easily with their 'hd viewer'. it can display ip cameras directly, or any mix of ip and analog cameras drawing from the dvr.

there are video cards available with four hdmi outputs each that would probably do the trick; as well, many motherboards now will allow you to run extra video cards *in addition* to the onboard video.

3xlogic systems will do this easily with their 'hd viewer'. it can display ip cameras directly, or any mix of ip and analog cameras drawing from the dvr.

there are video cards available with four hdmi outputs each that would probably do the trick; as well, many motherboards now will allow you to run extra video cards *in addition* to the onboard video.

How many mega pix cameras have u try to run on 3Xlogic

at the same time full res and frame rate ?

It looks like 3Xlogic does exactly what I need it to do, but they don't sell to end users. Any other ideas, something similar to this?

So to recap,

We Netvision provide an application named "Virtual Matrix(PC Decoder)". With this application, users can control up to 24 monitors with 16 splits in each, one PC support up to 8 monitors with multi-output graphic cards, you can have a look at our website by this link: http://www.netvisiondvr.com/Home/NewDetails/106

The common installation of this application is to install CMS and Virtual Matrix(PC Decoder / TV Client) in different computer, but you can install them on one computer, CMS not display video, control all the display on the other 7 monitors.

For details, you can email me by support_eu@netvisiondvr.com

With this Netvision Virtual Matrix, what sort of devices does it interface with? I want to install a Geovision GV-1240A-32. Will I be able to use this software to make my video wall on 7 monitors?

With this Netvision Virtual Matrix, what sort of devices does it interface with? I want to install a Geovision GV-1240A-32. Will I be able to use this software to make my video wall on 7 monitors?

We Netvision support more than 20 world's famous brands of IP devices, ONVIF compatiable too.

You can have a look at our Partners List: http://www.netvisiondvr.com/Home/Partners

But sorry, I'm not sure Geovision IP devices are supported or not.. Maybe you can try ONVIF..

for roughly 150$ you can purchase a used video card with 7 output, HD5870 Eyefinity 6

or the newer HD7870 Eyefinity 6 for ~300+$ ,, ( I have no idea why it is so expensive)

Display Port (DP) support daisy chaining monitors, "17.28 Gbit/s of effective video bandwidth, enough for four simultaneous 1080p60 displays"

display with DP can be harder to find ...$

Good luck with these consumer grade alternatives.