Sign in to follow this  
cjchcn

Geovision GPU Decoding

Anyone know how GPU Decoding is turned on?

We somehow replicated the system in their feature guide and we are getting horrible results.

Specs are as follows:

GV-NVR 8.5.5

25 x 1.3 MP cameras (all geovision) single streamed H.264

win 7 64-bit professional

Intel i7 3rd gen

8GB ram dual channel

and our CPU usage just goes 100% all the time. Videos are really lag. We connected the monitor to the onboard graphics and didn't attach any external graphics.

Is there something we need to set on the geovision system? I can't find anything about it on their manual. Only the specs to enable it but no settings on geovision. Please help me.

I'm no software expert, but this is from the Geovision website;

Minimum System Requirements

GeoVision IP Camera 3rd-party IP Camera

Up to 32 Channels 1 - 4 Channels 5 - 8 Channels Up to 32 Channels

OS 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008

64-bit Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2

CPU 2nd Generation Core i3, 3.1 GHz 2nd Generation Core i3, 3.1 GHz 2nd Generation Core i5, 3.3 GHz 2nd Generation Core i7, 3.4 GHz

RAM 4 GB Dual Channels

VGA HD Graphics 2000 HD Graphics 3000

Note:

1.For the users of 32-bit Windows, the memory limit of GV-NVR is 1.7 GB with 2 GB RAM. For the users of 64-bit Windows, the memory limit of GV-NVR is 1.7 GB with 2 GB RAM and 3 GB with 4 GB RAM. If the high memory issue persists, the GV-NVR will become unstable.

2.To apply GPU decoding, the recommended RAM for 64-bit OS is 8 GB or more, for 32-bit OS is 4 GB.

With your system configuration, you may want to let your outboard GPU handle the processing...just a thought...

Would recommend Cheap video card we have few geovision system out they all have video card and when every we specs out stuff Geovison Distributor in Canada Always say use a video card not onboard