Sign in to follow this  
nclurman

NUUO Hybrid NVR help

I need of some advice on how to rehabilitate our crippled surveillance system. Recently we had installed a Nuuo nh400 Nvr. Unfortunately the person who installed the system was not qualified and was unable to see the job to completion. The Nuuo NVR has been in operation for approximately 6-8 months. This equipment has so many issues and bugs, many of which are nuisances but several are critical. The main critical issue is, data loss when reviewing. If I am searching a period of 4 hours it is typical that 20percent or more of that period to be missing. I have contacted NUUO but unfortunately they will “not support the end user” and have been unable to find someone in my area who is qualified to work on this system. I’ve been working with a couple people remotely through TeamViewer but they have been mostly unreliable and it’s been taking far too long.

Currently we are looking to replace this system but I hate to throw away $8000 of brand new equipment. Anybody want to buy it?

Do I really need someone with NUUO experience to help me sort these issues? I’m in san jose ca so I’m pretty sure there are a couple smart computer dudes around here.

Is there a more user friendly hybrid 20 channel + NVR out there? We really don’t require many fancy features we just want reliability and ease of operation.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Nick

Can't help with the NUUO, but the Aver NV6480 card is a robust 16 channel hybrid solution, and you can run 2 in a box for 32 channels. I'm running a single card, and there's a 40MP limit, which may be the same whether there's 1 or 2 cards, so you'd have to check that.

The software is solid and reliable, with lots of features, if a bit old-school. The cards are expensive if you buy them new.

My CPU load depends on how many cams I'm displaying at once, not how many I'm recording. With a 9 cam display on an i3-540 box, I run around 50% CPU while recording 20 or so MP. If I bump up to the full 16 cam display, my CPU jumps a good bit. A newer, more modern CPU would probably handle a pair of these cards without much trouble.