Sign in to follow this  
bluegene

analog camera feed backup on second dvr

I have an 8 camera (analog) setup on an 8 channel DVR,I want to take back of 4 out of 8 camera feed on another DVR,Is that possible,If Yes,than please explain me the architecture and the required connectors for it.thank You in advance. Also if you have any other feasible and effective solution to do this please give that too.

If your current DVR has loop outs (one video output for each input channel), that would be trivial, you just feed the loop outs to another DVR.

Since you are asking, it would be obvious that it does not have loop out. You would need a 4x2 video distributor (4 inputs, 2 outputs from each input), something like the following. You will input the 4 cameras on the video distributor, and from the outputs take 4 cables to the current DVR and 4 cables to the new unit.

212211_1.jpg

http://www.securame.com/video-distributor-2x4ch-bnc-distribuidor-de-video-c0408-p-967.html

Thank You for your reply mindtwist,I would appreciate if you could further explain me connectivity of 4X2 video distributor with some kind of diagram.

What i have understood from your reply is that i need 4 (quantity) 4x2 video distributors right??

please explain me only one camera connectivity as an example i.e if i want that single camera feed to goto 2 different dvr assuming i dont have a loop out on dvr. Thank You

@bluegene,

No, you need only 1pc! This is a 4x2 distributor (you also have 8x2, 16x2...). You would feed camera 1 on input 1, the one on the left. This input is then duplicated, it has 2 outputs beneath. Output 1 would go to DVR 1, output 2 would go to DVR 2. The same would be done for each of the 4 cameras you want to record on 2 different DVRs.