Sign in to follow this  
SaulsMotorsCO

Computer Crash

Hello,

A few weeks ago my security system's PC crashed, and I have yet to be able to restore it. I've tried about everything I can such as finding the correct drivers, trying different kinds of software, buying new cables, etc. The closest I got to fixing the problem was trying different software; The security cameras would show up but the screen would display black boxes with no picture. I have no idea what kind of card it is or the kind of cameras the system is using.

Below are attached pictures of the Card, cables, and cameras. Let me know if you are familiar with these or would know a fix for it.

212875_1.jpg

212875_2.jpg

212875_3.jpg

212875_4.jpg

212875_5.jpg

212875_6.jpg

212875_7.jpg

212875_8.jpg

Thanks!

Jeffrey

the card looks like a geovision, although it's hard to say if it's a legit card, as the proper ones will usually have a hologram sticker and a serial number on them.

assuming it's a legit gv card, you should be able to contact geovision to request the latest software (drivers included), but you will have to provide the serial number.

if there's no serial sticker, there's a good chance it's a 'grey market' geovision knock-off - good luck ever getting it to work properly.

mt advice would be get yourself a standalone dvr which is made for the job of cctv recording. not a pc computer which obvously isnt upto the job.

that's amazing - you can tell from those pictures that that pc "isn't up to the job"??

Looks like he has a blurry camera to me.

Sounds like a codec problem to me, which isn't displaying the video correctly. Hard to say what codec would have been used by the card though. Sounds like you lost your hard drive, I would suggest for the future go with surveillance grade hard drives or server grade as they are up to the job of the constant start stop cycles a motioned based DVR puts them through. Also I would suggest invest in a solid state hard drive for the OS and a good RAID array with redundancy RAID 5 perhaps? for the video storage, this would allow you to lose 1 full drive without issue.