Hello all,

I have been trying to test my cameras/system without much luck. I previously asked a couple of questions on this forum, but due to moving house, everything had to be put on hold till now.

My main problem at this stage is simply getting a picture that is not garbled. I've tried testing two cameras so far, with the same results.

The components I have tried using are:

ADVC-55 Analogue to DV Converter by Canopus

Samsung SDN-550 and Bosch LTC 0610 cameras

COSMICAR/PENTAX TV ZOOM LENS, 8-48MM, model H6ZBME-5P

I was previously able to get a picture (albeit garbled) with the above lens using my old PC and software which I downloaded, but I have a problem with that PC at the moment, so I'm using a new PC with software called "DV Capture".

This time I wanted to test a new lens I just picked up (Computar Varifocal TG3Z2910AFCS), but I don't have the cable needed to open the iris (I mistakenly thought I could plug the wires in, but it turns out that is where the alarm control cables go!), so the sample footage I've uploaded has no picture - instead I activated the camera's on screen menu. The result is the same using either camera, and when I used my old PC.

Since I bought the above mentioned cameras and the COSMICAR/PENTAX lens second hand, I went into a CCTV shop where a member of staff tested them for me, so I know they work fine. The cables I'm using are all new, so I doubt there is an issue there.

The only thing that I can think of is that there is something wrong with the DV capture card. I've tried changing the settings on the capture card, but to no avail. It's currently set to NTSC/0IRE (default).

Here is the sample footage that I've uploaded:

hR5hKzZusLA

It's strange, but uploading it to youtube has made it less garbled that it appeared during capture/playback on my PC. When I play back the .avi file that was captured, lines of text are overlaid on top of each other, but watching it back on youtube, it looks surprisingly clear, although the picture is still "split in half".

Here is the original .avi file (sorry it's 105 mb!):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/luymek

Perhaps someone recognizes what the problem is, or can suggest something else I can try?

Thanks for looking either way.