Sign in to follow this  
BillAk

New to CCTV

Hello everyone. I apologise if my English are not perfect. I am not a native speaker.

I am very new to CCTV and I need to create a system for my home security. I know I am suppose to search the forum for answers but I am also sure that my questions are very easy and fast to answer.

I was looking for DVR cards in Aliexpress. I can find the cards there 2 or 3 times cheaper. For example a card in Aliexpress was about $100 and in a Greek eshop about the same card was $250. I understand the reasons of course. The market must have a markup price.

Now to my questions.

I see many resolutions, fps and other infos in the cards. There are a few things that I don't understand.

Compression H.264, Input 8CH BNC, Output VGA

Frame rate

NTSC:240fps, PAL: 200fps

Resolution 352 *288 320*288 704*576

Frame rate NTSC:240fps, PAL: 200fps

Resolution 352*288 320*288 704*576

If the total FPS of a card says 200 does it mean it is the display or the rec fps?

Is there a link explaining all the infos about cards. I want to buy this card but it is weird that it is 704*576 and it costs only $42. Is it a normal price?

The FPS is spread across all the channels on the card, so if its 240FPS and has 8 channels then you have 30FPS per channel, but the question is at what resolution, if at D1 then great if at CIF not so great.

And the reason things are cheaper on aliexpress is because you are getting no name cards from china.

All of them have Compression Format H.264. Is this good?

So we have:

TOTAL FPS

Display FPS

Recording FPS

Display resolution

Recording resolution.

I don't know what D1 and CIF is.

As far as I can see all cards have equal number of total - display and recording. (200 in most times.)

I do know what the terms mean but I can't find the connection between the TVL of the cameras and the resolution both display and recording. I am planning on getting 650TVL color cameras 1/3'' sensor. Having a low display/recording resolution will cancel the big number of TVL. Is this right?

Is 352x288 recording resolution low in CCTV world? I think it is. Should I go for 704x576?

Edit: Btw, this is the camera I choose. Do you think it is good? It is 2MPX. The model I choose is red squared.

Link to camera: http://s10.postimg.org/82yzf7c89/mycam.png

I want to buy this card but it is weird that it is 704*576 and it costs only $42. Is it a normal price?

Hi. yes its normal for junk. get $42 out and set fire to it and trust me doing that will save you money.

a $42 card will let you down either installing it or when you need to get footage off.

the least you should be looking at

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/Qvis-Zeus-Lite-LX-4-8-16-Channel-H264-CCTV-DVR-Recorder-Unit-500GB-1TB-HDD/121100830226/item

which is the dahua ..... lots of reading on here about them.

I want to buy this card but it is weird that it is 704*576 and it costs only $42. Is it a normal price?

Hi. yes its normal for junk. get $42 out and set fire to it and trust me doing that will save you money.

a $42 card will let you down either installing it or when you need to get footage off.

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/Qvis-Zeus-Lite-LX-4-8-16-Channel-H264-CCTV-DVR-Recorder-Unit-500GB-1TB-HDD/121100830226/item

Oh. I didn't know. I am really looking for a pc based sollution. Not a DVR.

But after all isn't everything made in China?

Oh. I didn't know. I am really looking for a pc based sollution. Not a DVR.

But after all isn't everything made in China?

This is true, however this does not mean everything is quality either.

FPS :frame per second (its important in recording and playback) real video :25fps

The important thing is Which OS support

FPS :frame per second (its important in recording and playback) real video :25fps

The important thing is Which OS support

I would say the far more important thing is how many FPS are being recoreded and at what resolution. By OS supported I take it you mean for remote access, this is usually based on the browser not the OS.

352x288 is CIF I believe, D1 gives you a higher resolution, think of it like your computer monitor, turn the resolution way down and the picture gets ugly, turn it up and you get a sharper clearer image.