Sign in to follow this  
coonasty

avermedia vs. geovision?

hopefully im in the right section to ask this question. im sure its a debate that has popped its head up over here many times but I don't see it recently through searching around.

ive built several dvr's using avermedia 8416 cards. all run pretty good. have never used geovision cards and just curious as to if there's independent non-bias'ed opinion's on what's the pro's and cons of each.

need to build several 8 channel systems upcoming but would like the option of stacking a 2nd card for 8 more. if spending $400-$500 on the aver 8 chan d1 card does geo have something better round that price? I will have one or 2 IP cams hooked up in each system as well. not sure if any other questions needed to help me make a decision but feel free to ask. obviously my first post as I just found this place on google. reading around and learning...very good site!

Hands down Avermedia.

Why...

The video image on Avermedias cards (for analog cameras) is far superior.

Avermedia does Hybrid pretty well. They accept many third party camera manufacturers such as Vivotek,Panasonic,and Axis. My only grip is that when using an IP camera it takes away 1 analog camera. Supposedly they are going to resolve this by issuing IP licenses , but there is no answer to if and when they will finally implement this.

I feel the GUI is very much more user friendly than Geovision. I get nothing but complaints from customers about Geovision's usability.

That being said... I have not installed any new Geovision products in quite some time because I just didn't like them.