Sign in to follow this  
thomasgatt

Zmodo unable to connect to network (both lan and wan)

I've just bought a new DVR - zmodo ZMD-KDA4-NARBZ4ZP. The cameras work fine - at least two of them so far because I haven't tried the other ones.

However, the DVR's networking module seems to be broken - the dvr connects to the network at random times and then disconnects once again. I've tried different routers and different cables - the DVR just stops connecting. Not even the network LED indicators light up when a network cable is plugged in.

I've set up a static IP as well as DHCP. Both worked fine but at random times - then after a few minutes the DVR disconnects and I just cannot connect it again. The settings on the DVR change to 'Static IP', 0.0.0.0 and I just can't change them! Any changes are discarded even if I hit 'Save and Exit'. Sometimes, at random times - the DVR connects again automatically.

I've also tried to restore factory settings - no luck! Still no connection! Apparently after a day or so the DVR never connected again and at this point I really think the network module is broken. It's also worth mentioning that 2 days ago I've factory reset the DVR and it connected fine for just a few hours.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I trust more a network led on my switch, than any activity led on the DVR.

So, if I know for certain that a network cable is working fine, and when I connect the DVR to my network the led on my switch does not show any link/activity, after trying different network cables and trying on different network ports, I would assume that the network port on the DVR isn't working.

Also; forget about DHCP, just set up the DVR with an IP, subnet, and gateway that works with your network.

I trust more a network led on my switch, than any activity led on the DVR.

So, if I know for certain that a network cable is working fine, and when I connect the DVR to my network the led on my switch does not show any link/activity, after trying different network cables and trying on different network ports, I would assume that the network port on the DVR isn't working.

Also; forget about DHCP, just set up the DVR with an IP, subnet, and gateway that works with your network.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

None of the LEDs were switching on Tried different network cables, routers, and network ports - no luck at all.

I've also set up the DVR with an IP, subnet and gateway - still no luck. I've send the DVR back to the seller for a replacement.