Sign in to follow this  
topdefence

card ...what model?

I got a DVR in a server case with blown HD, inside there are 4 cards of this PCI-E interface.

They have the BT878A chips.....I went all over the internet trying to identify the cards....there are no markings of any kind, on the back is only a sticker with the serial number ( googled it already at least 20 times ).

The card does not look old at all, do any of you more experienced guys seen this card model? or have any ideea? I tried allnet and other generic sites .

I will attach the picture with the card.

Thank you.

1093710688_20140115_170401(1024x768).thumb.jpg.28ee07bdc96f721986e5b5cc307e3c5a.jpg

If it is marked as BT878A, the chip itself nearly 20 years old. Conexant closed its operation. All of chip set suppliers for PC Card are now gone except a small one, in Korea.

If it is marked as BT878A, the chip itself nearly 20 years old. Conexant closed its operation. All of chip set suppliers for PC Card are now gone except a small one, in Korea.

PCI-e. Would not be 20 years old

New software from 2 months ago work for him

BT stands for "BrookTree" that were acquired by Conexant 1996. So almost 15 years or so. Conexant uses CX-XX878, closing its operation 2013. Yes, PC card using PCI_E has been around around 7 years.