Sign in to follow this  
topdefence

DIVIS DVR password reset

I turn again to you all more experienced CCTV'ers......I just got back from a site who has 4 PC based DVR's with DIVIS cards and software....the softwares are version 12.00 and 11.10, the security guards lost the password to the DVR software and they had an incident and police needed the camera footage, needless to say that I was not done.

I tried to reach DIVIS but the support is almost none existent, the FAQ page or manual does not have any procedure on how to reset the password .

Does any of you guys have any ideea how to reset the password of the software? Or if there is any utility or registry patch on reseting the password?.

Thank you all.

If you are able to shut down the software, you can install the "Utility Package", found under "12.12.0" on https://divisdvr.com/download/software.html - during installation, you will be prompted for a user/password - this will be the new user/password combo.

I don't have a DivisDVR PC next to me, but there is also a file in C:\Windows\System32 called angelcam or something of that nature (make a copy of this file before you do anything). Open it and you may find the login and password, I can't remember off the top of my head if this is where it is located.

Best of luck!