Amy

H.264 Network DVR beeping every 5mins and turns off.

Hi I have a H.264 DVR in my resturant with 4 cams. It has started to beep every 5 mins. it beeps constantly until I have to unplug it. Or all of a suddent it beeps and switches off and comes back automaticly. I am pretty sure that the connections are not lose I tried them when it is working normally.

Sounds like some sort of alarm setting, do you have the exact model ? you can usually find it under the DVR or behind the DVR.

Has it always done this? or just recently? Does the beeping come from the DVR machine or from the monitor it is connected to?

no It started recently like a month. the sound comes out of the DVR machin. I need to go and check the exact model but it says a H264 network DVR on the frnt. it has 2 problems. it sometimes starts beeping constatntly until we have to unplug it. Or it just reboots it self with a beep. it shuts down and restarts it self.

i've seen many strange issues with generic dvr's, often caused by the no-name, el-cheapo power supply failing. Or maybe the hard drive is failing.

I seen this happen before but with my computer. Perhaps the fan has failed inside the DVR and it is overheating (if its in a closet or small space).

Also Hard drive can be bad. Could you unplug the hard drive and turn on the machine and see if same error comes up?

a good way to fix is to default the settings to reset it. but before you default it, export OR take a photo of the network setting/DDNS so that you can input it again after you reset.

Same thing is happening to me after 1 month of use, before it just beeped when ever I was using a remote (tv,avr,etc) now it started beeping until I turn it off, I had try every thing but still does the same thing help! Sunluxy h 264 network dvr 8 channels....ok I open the case up and I see the little fan is not turning, not working, I don't know if that is the culprit. I'm gonna order one of those little bastards and see if that the problem ,then I let you know..

The problem for me was the cameras power adapter was gone that why the beeping sound..replace power adapter!

Hi I have a H.264 DVR with a Seagate barracuda T1 hard drive and it is also beeping (Alarming) every 5 mins. It sometimes beeps constantly until I have to unplug it or it beeps and turns off and restarts automatically. I checked all my connections and everything is good. I took off the case to see if it is overheating but don't see a fan inside the DVR. I kept the case off and placed a fan directly on the unit and it still beeped (Alarmed) and turned off then came back on. The Seagate T1 Hard drive was very cool so over heating was not the issue. Lastly I disconnected the hard drive from the DVR and it stopped beeping (Alarming) and does not shut down anymore. Do I need to replace the hard drive or the DVR? The hard drive sounds great no clicking or grinding? Please help. Thank you

I have had this issue before with a few different brands of Dvr. In all but one the issue was the hdd, with that disconnected the Dvr would run and not alarm or reboot. The one that the drive was good turned out to be an issue with the psu.

un plugged the eathernet fixed the problem of rebooting itself but what do you do about that problem??

Hello, disconnect DVR (NVR) from Internet and change ports (for example) 80 --> 10080, and 34567 --> 9554 (for Xmeye based devices), and reboot DVR (NVR) plug Ethernet cable (Internet) and enjoy.

Best Regards, Kristiyan

P.S. The problem is when someone tries to connect to telnet on port 34567 and the recorder freezes and restarts. The IP address is intercepted and attempts are made to retrieve the password via telnet. " title="Applause" />

Hello, I have got the similar problem as mine keeps rebooting every few mins and won’t let me access the device menu but will allow me on the other menus

I have tried different power supply’s still no joy

The fault is video loss and I’ve turned the bleeping sound off but my tv screen and app shows the cameras are working