Sign in to follow this  
BrownChiLD

is there any Analog DVR that streams each channel digitally?

Hi Guys

I really need to get analog CCTV streams converted digitally so that it can work w/ NVR software and such.. i know there are video servers and signal converters but the cost on each camera is just too much.. and DVR hybrids are very limited..

Only way i thought of was getting rid of the dedicated and limiting DVR unit , and use PC as DVR

but I've spent too much time and money testing DVR capture cards that work for different brands/models of cameras - most of them are not stable..

So i wanted to ask:

Do you guys know of a DVR for analog CCTV that will broadcast / stream each CCTV channel digitally via PORT? I think this is a great way / feature of DVR's if ever..

it's kinda like a video server approach..

Analogs connect to DVR normally,

DVR has network capabilities to stream the WEB GUI on, say (192.168.1.10)

(normal so far)

But it also has ability to stream each camera via port

CH1=192.168.1.10:01

CH2=192.168.1.10:02

CH3=192.168.1.10:03

I wish I knew how to do DVR Firmware programming, i'd definitely code this type of feature myself, turning regular DVR's into network video servers

Hi Guys

I really need to get analog CCTV streams converted digitally so that it can work w/ NVR software and such.. i know there are video servers and signal converters but the cost on each camera is just too much.. and DVR hybrids are very limited..

Only way i thought of was getting rid of the dedicated and limiting DVR unit , and use PC as DVR

but I've spent too much time and money testing DVR capture cards that work for different brands/models of cameras - most of them are not stable..

So i wanted to ask:

Do you guys know of a DVR for analog CCTV that will broadcast / stream each CCTV channel digitally via PORT? I think this is a great way / feature of DVR's if ever..

it's kinda like a video server approach..

Analogs connect to DVR normally,

DVR has network capabilities to stream the WEB GUI on, say (192.168.1.10)

(normal so far)

But it also has ability to stream each camera via port

CH1=192.168.1.10:01

CH2=192.168.1.10:02

CH3=192.168.1.10:03

I wish I knew how to do DVR Firmware programming, i'd definitely code this type of feature myself, turning regular DVR's into network video servers

Lots of DVR on market will do Hybrid

meaning Analog and IP

then u can get any ch streaming

not exactly as u want but.... may be good enough for what u want

ah yes as far as i know these hybrids are geared towards supporting analog and ip cameras into 1 web gui stream ..

i dont need ip camera support.. i just need to be able to convert each CCTV signal to digital stream... so i can have another NVR software deal w/ each camera..

the DVR is basically just the recording device and the NVR software deals w/ analytics etc..

I heard Soundy say once that he's

used a low-end Dahua DVR as an encoder with a Vigil NVR: pulling a stream from the DVR uses the exact same RTSP:// URI as getting a stream from their cameras (just change the "channel=" parameter).

And then he mentioned that the last time he

actually checked the price, four-channel models can be found for around $99, which breaks down to $25/channel (not counting NVR channel licensing, of course, but that's assumed to be a constant).

or something like that. Hope he helped!

Does it have to be a port? A Grandstream GXV3504 has four analog inputs and outputs them as four digital streams like rtsp://IPADDRESS:554/[CHANNEL].