Sign in to follow this  
igano

Getting tired of all these compatibility issues... need help

Hi everyone. I have problems with DVR cards almost all the time and it's furstrating because they all come from compatibility issues.

First I made a dvr-only pc and I used an older card which I had used successfully in the past but when I installed it no video was shown in the DVR software. Looking at the manual I found they only supported Intel chipsets. Having found no other solution I bought a new pci 8ch card (NV930X) from ebay (seller was global-cctv). When I received it I installed and to my surprise this one didn't show video too! Having panicked slightly, I downloaded the latest version of the program which fixed the problem! All went well after (video quality was not very good and the cameras which were very far with 100m cable did not show as good as with a temporary display only unit) for about 4 months.

Than one day I found out that my GPU has died. I tested with a 210 GPU to make sure this was the culprit and even though I was correct the software didn't show video from the cameras. I ordered a new GPU (HD6450) and installed and still the same problem. I changed OS from win xp to win 7 32bit to see if a newer OS solved those issues. Still the same problem again! I contact the ebay seller who has not put a single item for sale since January to no avail. Than I contacted macro-video who is the card and program maker. They used teamviewer to look up into my pc and told me that the problem is the cable or I need to repair/replace the card. Which they are not willing to do even though they are the manufacturers and I have to contact the vanished eBay seller. Even if they did cover it I would have to be charged the transportation costs for sending and receiving which they said are greater than the card value. They suggested to buy from their shop which for me has no point since their support is ridiculous and I could have exactly the same issue.

Thinking of that makes no sense because the card showed camera footage before my GPU died! When I changed the GPU the problems started. This can only mean that it's a compatibility issue between the card and the GPU.

My mother board is Asrock n68c-gs fx with an Amd Athlon 64 x2 5600+.

I don't know what to do at the moment. I can order a new card but I am afraid of another compatibility issue. What would you recommend to do?

Dear Igano

Could you please inform me of the Chipset-name and number on your PC board?

The reason is that could be the chip that we designed.

Igano,

One more question, can you please inform me of name of the chip set on your PCI card from Macro-Video, to whom we have supplied our chip set.

The chip has written on it:

MV9300

On the base of the card you can see 9308 2013-1 V2.0

There's also some very small letters on the chip if you need them maybe I can read them with a magnifying glass.

MVXXX is not our chip. Our chip has UQ2288/or UQ2238 name on it. Ours has the same trouble with such AMD CPU + N68 PC Mother board. The problem is associated with the device driver of nVidia's controller chipset, as far as we understand. We asked PC Mother Board Maker, Gigabyte to clear this problem. So far we received any positive progress, at all. You may change your PC or give up the project, because Mother Board Makers do not listen to PC Capture card maker but may listen to the customer like you.

How can you explain there was no problem in the beginning? And the problem happened when I changed the GPU?

It really beats me. We do not tell why. But the Controller chip(N68) from nVidia provides a wrong initialization procedure when booting up and identifying our card. If you have PCI_Express slot, try with a new video capture card with PCI Express Interface. They may have fully tested with PCI Express Interface because PCI_E is relatively new interface.

It really beats me. We do not tell why. But the Controller chip(N68) from nVidia provides a wrong initialization procedure when booting up and identifying our card. If you have PCI_Express slot, try with a new video capture card with PCI Express Interface. They may have fully tested with PCI Express Interface because PCI_E is relatively new interface.

Is there a problem with H.264 or do I need to find the newest H.800-900 something?

Igano, I think you are confused. H.264 is an international standard employed for video data compression. The trouble seems to be caused by the device driver provided by nVidia Controller Chip. They seem not to be tested enough for the devices to be plugged into PC's PCI slot. That's why I said maybe new PCI_E card would be tested and would be OK.

Igano, I think you are confused. H.264 is an international standard employed for video data compression. The trouble seems to be caused by the device driver provided by nVidia Controller Chip. They seem not to be tested enough for the devices to be plugged into PC's PCI slot. That's why I said maybe new PCI_E card would be tested and would be OK.

I red somewhere that cards based on 960H are more recent than H.264 and maybe they are more compliant with recent technologies?

Nope, Igano. You are still confused. 960H video size (960 H X 576LinesX25Hz), that has been driven by Sony for competing against CMOS based HD Mega Pixel. It is nothing to do with H.264 video data compression standard, which is also new standard. Your PC had no chance to test these cards, or vice versa. What I learned that AMD+ nVidia mother board creates lots problem. I do not why they keep selling on the market, because the Model is too old.

So after some months that I forgot about it, a recent theft reminded me I need my cctv to work....

I brought here another PC which is Pentium-based and still the same problems. I am sure that there is a problem with the card. And since the ebay seller is gone there is no case for a replacement. Please someone recommend me a dvr card for 8 cameras that works with out issues and has a decent software. Price range from 40 to 100$.

The conclusion in my case is that the DVR card did not have a problem with my AMD cpu/motherboard (since it was working in the beginning) but it just died only after 1-2 months.

Yes there is a PCi express slot available in the motherboard.

If you can do this for me, I would really really be grateful!

Hi might be nothing wrong with your card

You have not said if you also fitted a graphic card or not

If your using onboard graphics it will crash

I mention in detail on the first post that I had GPU in my PC. And have tried with 3 different GPU since it stopped working!

The conclusion in my case is that the DVR card did not have a problem with my AMD cpu/motherboard (since it was working in the beginning) but it just died only after 1-2 months.

Igano,

If interested in, I can send you one of our PCI Express Card for 8 analog cameras. You may leave your address to my mailbox.

Igano,

If interested in, I can send you one of our PCI Express Card for 8 analog cameras. You may leave your address to my mailbox.

OK I have sent you a PM with my shipping address.

I stumbled upon your post while looking for experiences with a MV9300 chip in a Pci x1 video card I found on the bay for a non profit business. I don't know a lot about these off shored cards.

When it did work (and when it stopped working) did you notice if the big square video capture chip was getting warm or hot to the touch? My non profit had three DVR's stuffed into a closet which had no climate control one unit died (it was over 90F (32c degrees) in the closet), and we're blaming it on old age and heat stress. So I wonder if perhaps the video working for a short time then stopping if it was damaged by heat stress.