Sign in to follow this  
secplus

Geovision and 7-11 Registers for POS capture

So, I got the GV-1480 working properly for my customer. After calling Geovision and confirming that the card was legitimate, I upgraded the software to the latest release 8.5.9. He has multiple locations and we are talking about putting POS data capture boxes for his systems. My question is, has anyone done this with 7-11 registers? the units are NCR 7402, and they run a P.O.S. Program made for 7-11. The receipt printer is connected VIA usb. Any help is appreciated.

I will let you know now it does not work with the capture boxes with the USB Printers.

Do you know if there is a serial port on the back of the system and can they set up a second printer?

From what I understand, the problem lies in the software itself, there is no way to do any type of technical maintenance or configuration without 7-11 technicians be involved, because the software is completely locked down. And 7-11 does not like anyone touching the systems because they own the POS.

I know the printer has a serial connection, I will look at the main unit tomorrow and let you know.