Sign in to follow this  
thender

geovision alternative that can view multiple cams in log?

Hi,

Tons of PC based DVR software will show you 4, or 8, or 12 cameras in the LIVE view. I need to be able to see 4 or 8 cameras at once on PLAYBACK of pre-recorded video. This is a feature geovision has spoiled me with that I cannot find on any other DVR!

Let's say someone stole something and they walked through three rooms. On a standard DVR, I see they walked through room 1 at 3:11,so now I have to go to the camera for room 2, fast forward to 3:11,and if they went back to room 1 I have to go back to the camera for room 1 and fast forward to 3:12. It is a terrible way to go about monitoring anything. In geovision when I go to video log and click quad view or multi view I can see many cameras at the same time as I scroll through, which IMO is the only proper way to monitor anything.

The problem is, I am switching to IP cameras. After I spent $500 for the card and fought endlessly to find the one computer configuration that it would work in without crashing, I see they want me to pay them $105/pc for each camera that is not made by geovision, which is a kick in the groin I can't take on principle. They've kicked enough.

The only feature I require on a DVR is that it record video, and that I can view it back by browsing, perhaps with a scroll bar(NOT JUST FAST FORWARD AND REWIND) and that I can browse multiple videos at the same time. I would rather stick with old, 0.2 megapixel monochrome analog cameras I can actually look at all at the same time than 2 megapixel beautiful new IP cameras where I can only see one at a time. It's that important.

Does such software exist that allows me to view multiple cameras simutaneously on playback of recorded video, or will I be giving geovision all of my money in licensing?

Thank you!

IVMS 4200 software for Hikvision has synchronized playback, the amount of total cameras you can play back is limited by the specs of your computer though, the more the laggier. I have seen 4-8 before. But they are not PC based hardware...usually use with a hikvision NVR

iVMS4200 only support hikvision stuff though.

What brand of IP camera do you have?

I would use a hybrid Hikvision stand alone NVR instead of Geovision.

If you have it already...a good PC software is Blue-iris or Milestone which will work with multiple Brands, but not familiar with them.

The thing about buying a DVR is it is a wasted expense. I already have a high end PC and a 4 TB hard drive, there's no point for me to pay for hardware twice. I also find it much easier for me to navigate a PC with radmin on it than to use some web interface to connect to a DVR.

I was going to get some videre 6900xt cameras. I was this close to pulling the trigger before I realized geovision was going to tyr and extort another $700+ out of me for the priviledge of using their $550 card with someone else's cameras.

Some of this hikvision stuff actually looks nice. POE built in means I don't have to worry about finding a POE switch!

I'm looking in the 9-11 camera range, and putting one 4 TB drive in there. The 7600 series is intriguing, I will do some more research.

Luxriot also seems to allow you to play back multiple cameras, and is around $500 for 16 cams, which is absolutely fair!

Thanks again for the suggestion.