Sign in to follow this  
drow13f

NVR and Video Editing PC

Hi I am interested in building a PC for our school. We have a daycare and K-12 and are about to expand into adult education. We are about to install cameras in all of the classrooms for Parent peace of mind.

We currently record classes with a tripod mounted camera butn to DVD then download to PC and edit video in Sony Vegas. I figure since we are about to install a camera system for surveilance that we also buy a few high quality PTZ HD cameras for video editing. I can record straight to hard drive and edit files in Sony Vegas on the PC based NVR. I am wanting to run very high end graphics cards for editing and rendering video.

I am looking at 16 camera systems for our building covering the playground, 4 classrooms, auditorium, parking lot and entryway intercom.

I would like to build a POE NVR, at 1080p that I can set up for remote viewing for parents and 2-3 2+mp ptz cameras for the auditorium and pottery studio.

I would prefer help to criticism but I'm in the research phase right now and want to know all of my options