Hi there Guys,

First time poster from the UK, I need some information on how to set up a cctv to PC.

Now I need a basic cctv set up just to see who is entering my property via my front garden gate which is 8 meters away from where the camera will be, I know where to place the camera, but I just need to know how to make all of what I have work by doing it by PC and not DVR because of budget restraints.

What I have is a dome outdoor IR 20M colour 600 TVL camera (BCN video out) (power in) Cable

a 2 year old PC 1TB HHD etc which I know is up to the job and LCD monitor with VGA/DVI outputs.

I'm using iSpy open source software set on motion detect, I've used it the past and seems ok for me but if there's any better software that is better and at low cost then please let me know.

I have a low budget and will not stretch for a good PC DVR card so I am looking to see if there is another way of doing what I want?.

Now I have seen VGA HD15 Male to 5 BNC Male RGBHV Extension Video HDTV Cable and will fit the camera but will that do the same job as the DVR PC card?.

Any help on this would be great and thanks for taking the time to read this and hope it made sense.

Regards Lee2k

There's not much of a way to do this without a dvr card.

If you video card supports video capture, you might be able to get video in the computer that way. Or another way would be to get a tv tuner card or video capture card with inputs.

But stand alone dvrs can be had really cheap these days. The days of a PC being cheaper in smaller installations is long gone.

Now I have seen VGA HD15 Male to 5 BNC Male RGBHV Extension Video HDTV Cable and will fit the camera but will that do the same job as the DVR PC card?.

Lee2k

No camera supports VGA (RGBHV) out. The most economic one could be a PC Card as you have all other things.

You may try for EasyCap or Ezcap USB-DVR for one channel application.

It is less than U$10 including delivery that I keep wondering how possible.

The quality is worth of its pricing, you can bet.