yu130960

Help me ID this Conexant 878a Fusion Card

I found these in a server I bought and just wanted to make sure that I am not tossing something of value in the bin. Apologize if this is a pirated card, and I will just bin it if it is.

Numbers on the back read

WA9810G000104-v2.0 | v2.2

A052906-A1

257577_1.jpg

257577_2.jpg

Hi there yu130960.

Dunno what the card model is, but you can probably find some generic drivers if you want to use it - the BT878 is very common.

Otherwise you could sell them off via ebay.

Good sleuthing yu130960!

Yes, there'll be a factory selling those cards to many resellers, who integrate the card into their security products. It's why you see the same card being sold under lots of different names.

If you decide to sell it, the "BLUECHERRY PV-981 – 16 PORT VIDEO CAPTURE CARD (120FPS) – (PCI-E VERSION)" is probably the best description to use.

Thanks for your help. I put them on ebay (ekarir) super cheap and hopefully they'll find a new home.

EDIT: I plugged them in to a Ubuntu install and confirmed that in fact theses are the 4 port Aud/Vid version and not the 8 or 16.

BLUECHERRY PV-981 – 4 PORT VIDEO/AUD CAPTURE DVR CARD (120FPS) – (PCI-E)

That's interesting, becausing looking at the picture, I'd swear that card does 16 channels.

I'd b a little suspicious of the description Ubuntu is giving you.

Hi,

That card is capable of handling 16 camera's.

The ic's in the right hand corner is inserted by the relevant company to work with there software.

So, they decide if it is a 4, 8 or 16 channel card.

The rest of the card is just not used.

Eagle in South Africa used to sell it with there software but you can still get it from MSH in Latvia.

The software is user friendly, unlike the software from some of the other suppliers including the big names.

We have a few broken cards, lightning, etc.

Where are you located?