Sign in to follow this  
ShadowHunter

Surveillance software that can launch a program on motion

Hello CCTV-members,

First time poster and first steps in the world of CCTV

I'm looking for surveillance, recording software that on motion detection can launch a program or run a script.

The camera in question is a Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I.

I already had a look at Blue Iris 3 which can do just that, but seems to be rather high on CPU load. I had a brief look at MileStone XProtect Go and Hikvision iVMS but cannot find out if it can launch a script, specially XProtect seems rather complicated.

Thanks!

ShadowHunter

Edited by Guest

Ispy charges a monthly fee for alerts and remote viewing...if you dont need those..then its perfect because its free otherwise its sill to keep paying them in perpetuity....It should be using more or less the same cpu power as blue iris because it does its own motion detection as well

The paid features I don't need for this particular case.

CPU load of iSpy currently is around 20% (for one cam ) indeed too high in my opinion. I'm gonna fiddle with the frame rates and detection options...

Really no other suggestions for software?

The paid features I don't need for this particular case.

CPU load of iSpy currently is around 20% (for one cam ) indeed too high in my opinion. I'm gonna fiddle with the frame rates and detection options...

Really no other suggestions for software?

You must have a weak cpu...what model are you using...The exact model not just i3 or i5 as that is meaningless without specific version..

Just recording on motion detection, on the alert send a mail and call an internal hosted php page.

It's running on a HP MicroServer Gen 8 GT2020:

- Intel® Pentium® G2020T (2.5GHz/2-core/3MB)

- 10GB DDR3

- SSD 512GB

- Recording on WD 3T Black

- Server 2012R2

The CPU is not top notch, I know... maybe I need to replace it be a compatible XEON for the general good