jlaa

4 channel IP NVR but with 4 concurrent BNC video outs??

Hi all,

This is my first post ---- I've done some searching and I've called up some vendors (one in TX and one in FL) that commonly advertise DVR / cameras and I've run into roadblock --- so I am here to ask for help, if anyone is willing to share! I understand as a newbie to this forum that I can stand to learn a lot and I'm probably asking some stupid questions --- so bear with me....

I'll get to the point. I have a 4 channel analog system that records at D1. I have cat-6 pulls to each camera. I cannot pull more cable. Currently the cameras as all analog cameras using baluns to pull power and video over Cat 6.

I'd like to upgrade to a new system with much better resolution -- Full IP or HD-TVI or whatever. The constraints are though that -

**** The System has to accommodate 4 separate composite outs (for 4 cameras channels) for my old LCD monitors that are built into the wall. I cannot rip these out.

**** I do need 4 channels of composite out for the 4 cameras ---- I cannot have a multiplexed signal because the old LCD monitor system does the multiplexing.

**** I don't care too much if I am running IP over CAT6 over baluns over CAT6, but I cannot pull anymore cable.

My main problem is that I don't know how to design the DVR/NVR. I'm computer saavy but have 0 experience with building NVRs. I don't the the right combo of equipment to do what I want to do. Since the current analog DVR uses all BNC/coaxials for video, I use external splitter boxes to split to my hearts content from each camera to feed (1) the DVR and (2) the old LCD monitor system on the wall.

I've attached a diagram if that helps. Thanks so much.

1.thumb.png.0b0460591b8351798b5a4c185f369bbc.png

You won't find NVRs with a BNC output; I have not seen any. You might find one with a BNC output...? Maybe, but surely not with 4 BNC outputs. Oh wait, you don't want an NVR, you want hybrid (3 IP camera, 1ch analog).

With Hikvision you could use an hybrid like DS-7604HI-ST, and then a decoder to output 4 streams on 4 BNC outputs, like DS-6704HWI.

You won't find NVRs with a BNC output; I have not seen any. You might find one with a BNC output...? Maybe, but surely not with 4 BNC outputs. Oh wait, you don't want an NVR, you want hybrid (3 IP camera, 1ch analog).

With Hikvision you could use an hybrid like DS-7604HI-ST, and then a decoder to output 4 streams on 4 BNC outputs, like DS-6704HWI.

Hi MindTwist, thanks for your reply.

The Hikvision DS-6704HWI --- I thought these are video servers --- meaning they take BNC IN and and IP (RJ45) OUT.

I was looking for some way to take multiple IP cameras and have BNC OUT for those IP cameras.... (for compatibility with my old LCD monitor systems in my walls) ---

Am I mistaken?

Here is the DS-6704HWI data sheet - http://www.lobeco.nl/files/DS-DS-6700-Series-Encoder.pdf

The Hikvision DS-6704HWI --- I thought these are video servers --- meaning they take BNC IN and and IP (RJ45) OUT.

I was looking for some way to take multiple IP cameras and have BNC OUT for those IP cameras.... (for compatibility with my old LCD monitor systems in my walls)

My bad. I pointed you to encoders, instead of decoders...!

Decoders should be DS-63xx and DS-64xx series. I think DS-6304DI would be the cheaper option.

http://www.hikvision.com/Es/products.asp?cid=41

http://www.hikvision.com/Es/products.asp?cid=283

(the links point to the spanish web site, on the english web site the category says it is under construction)