Sign in to follow this  
kb0nly

GV-1480 Windows 8 Compatible??

I have a system here running a Geovision GV-1480 combo card, its a real deal card bought from a dealer years ago, its the original PCI version not the PCI-E A or B models that appear to be for sale now.

The system it was in was so old it was running XP originally, a few years ago it got upgraded to windows 7 and that went ok, now the problem is the owner wants to bump it up to windows 8 with a new system. Not a problem, i can rebuild the system with a newer motherboard and cpu and at least one PCI slot to run that card, the problem is they want to standardize since all their other systems are Windows 8 and i don't know if this card will work?? I know it will have to stay on 32 bit, i tried this card on 64 bit windows 7 and that didnt work so i dont expect it to for 8.

I have the same card on my residential system at home, Windows 7 32 bit, at one time i bought out the old stock of these PCI version cards from a dealer that was ditching them in favor of the newer models and kept one myself and sold the rest.

I would be tempted to rebuild the computer mine is in to if it can indeed go to Windows 8, but i don't want to just willy nilly upgrade to 8 and find out the card wont function. I am running the GV-DVR version 8.5, all hard wired cameras, no dongle or wireless cameras, etc. Pretty basic setup with 8 cameras, the other guy that asked me about his is running 16 cameras. Its a business so if i help him upgrade i want to be able to go out with the new PC built and ready to slap the card in and install the software and be done, and not fight it all day or find out it wont work.

Anyone tried these older cards with Windows 8 yet??