^Gecko^

Anyone ever heard of DIVR Systems?

DIVR Systems "edge camera server" DSI-ECS-4PE

I picked up this old four channel encoder from work that's been sitting on the shelf for years gathering dust. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any documentation in the office, and certainly not online since the website now seems to be owned by a chinese gaming site or some such thing.

I can log in to the web interface, but the username and password are unknown to me. The usual stuff hasn't worked

As it turns out, this is a re-badged Vivotek VS2402;

http://download.vivotek.com/downloadfile/downloads/datasheets/vs2402datasheet_en.pdf

The login in root, the password is the MAC address

It's useless as a video encoder for systems like Exacq or Video Insight. It's more of a standalone recorder or web viewer than a proper encoder from what I see, like the original Axis cameras.

Lizards

I used to work for DIVR.

You're correct, it's just a re-badged ViVotek device. The developers loved the Axis solutions, but they were much more expensive than the VivoTek devices, and VivoTek was willing to make some customizations for us. (It turned out though that it was very difficult and required a translator and multiple iterations to get things like Daylight Savings support to work on the devices.)

For MJPEG streaming, it's not that bad but you can't record on the device itself. It's capable of 30fps total across all interfaces in 320x240 resolution. The more streams you run at a time, the slower each stream will be. It does not support MPEG-2/4.

The DIVR solution included a Linux server using in-house software which pulled the image stream off of these camera servers and directed them to a customized MEncoder to produce an MPEG file. From what I understand, there are some open source solutions out there now that do the same thing so you may still be able to use it if you've got cameras. They support the Pelco protocol for camera control if you happen to have a PT/Z camera.