Sign in to follow this  
DJack

Blowing Fuses geovision card.

I have a geovision gv 650 card in my computer system. I have two cameras hooked up to it.

A few weeks ago one of the cameras showed video lost. I checked out the fuse box in the power supply and the fuse was blown. I changed the fuse and seconds later it blew again. The other camera was working so I then left it alone until now.

Today I ran a new power wire to the camera. Started from scratch and put new terminals on new wire. I turned the fuse box back on and it blew again.

Then I decided to work on the video cable. I unplugged it from both ends at the camera and the computer and the fuse did not blow. So I decided to change the bnc connectors on the ends to make sure they were good. I did that and plugged it back in and BAM!!! the fuse blew and now my other camera is not working.

I have not run new coax cable yet because it will be very difficult. Is that the next step or is it something in the computer/ Video card? Why would it now take out my other camera. The fuse on my other camera has continuity, but the fuse on the original problem camera has blown.

The original problem camera is a cnb, and the one that was fine and now not working is a veilux. Both vandal proof domes.

Any suggestions?

Did you check the cable to see if it is shorted with an ohm meter? I have shorted my cable my geovision card never blew a fuse I didn't even know it had fuses. I'm assuming your powering your camera by a separate 24v transformer with separate wires or does your card have power output. My card does not I have the GV800 I'm going to buy some trendnet video encoders and get rid of the card go all IP.

Yes, I have a separate power supply. I will check the cable today.

If the cable was bad and had a short in it, it would blow the fuse, which it did, but why/how would it make my other camera go off line? That makes me think the cable is the problem, but I'm hoping that there is nothing wrong with the geovision card.