ssmarni

Recomendations? CCTV on Win or Android, PC or tablet

Hi,

Noob here.

I am at a school and we have a CCTV system set up with 16 cameras. The DVR is in a closet and is generic with no brand name. The software is freeware that is outdated and displays on monitor that is hooked up to the DVR, and has an IP address. From another Windows computer, we view the CCTV system cameras in a browser.

I would love to switch to a tablet that can be hung on the wall rather than a laptop hooked up to a monitor. I'm wondering if that sounds difficult.

I'm thinking in order to keep everything on the network we will still need to use Windows to access the system from another monitor. In that case I'm picturing getting a Windows tablet that can be hung on a wall.

Alternatively, it would be great to have a more simple tablet, like Android. We don't need to run Windows to display these cameras. But in that case could I just get an android tablet and appropriate software that accesses the system via the IP?

I'm not sure what my choices are. I know it all depends on variables, but I'm just looking for things to research. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

Marni