Sign in to follow this  
mo2000kk

URGENT HELP NEEDED !

Dear members,

I was a victim of a burglary, and the building had a H-264 DVR . On the monitor when the super went to check it it said all 7 cameras were recording because it had "R" on top of each small screen. However the correct dates were not set, and it read sometime in march 2000. When he finally accessed the user and admin accounts, he could not locate any video footage. Under HDD disk info it says: total capacity 465GB AND free space 8.98 , which makes me believe there is recording footage in there.

every time the machine is turned on and off , it resets the date to 2000-01-01.

Is there any way to access the footage ? maybe remove the hard drive or something?

There was a lot of money and valuables stolen, and the detectives are not doing anything about the case !

If there is ANYONE that can help me I am immensely grateful !! please someone help me !

Thank you in advance

Dear members,

I was a victim of a burglary, and the building had a H-264 DVR . On the monitor when the super went to check it it said all 7 cameras were recording because it had "R" on top of each small screen. However the correct dates were not set, and it read sometime in march 2000. When he finally accessed the user and admin accounts, he could not locate any video footage. Under HDD disk info it says: total capacity 465GB AND free space 8.98 , which makes me believe there is recording footage in there.

every time the machine is turned on and off , it resets the date to 2000-01-01.

Is there any way to access the footage ? maybe remove the hard drive or something?

There was a lot of money and valuables stolen, and the detectives are not doing anything about the case !

If there is ANYONE that can help me I am immensely grateful !! please someone help me !

Thank you in advance

turn off the machine and find a local PROFESSIONAL to help you.

Hi. Remove hard drive and put in PC

Look for file data on it and make note of dates

Then refit back into dvr and search those dates

Thanks for the reply. I will certainly go to a professional in the morning and suggest they do this.

I am so worried. What are the chances that they can recover the data? it says only 8gb free space out of 500gb..? i lost 60,000 k ...i am going crazy.

thank you sooooooo much !!

i lo

Thanks for the reply. I will certainly go to a professional in the morning and suggest they do this.

I am so worried. What are the chances that they can recover the data? it says only 8gb free space out of 500gb..? i lost 60,000 k ...i am going crazy.

i lo

Sounds like the data is there...but who knows...it may have not been recording and what you have is old data...

i lo

Sounds like the data is there...but who knows...it may have not been recording and what you have is old data...

Yes , but before we disconnected the DVR, it had "R" on top of each screen /channel. so doesn't that mean it was recording ?

I have no idea...also you a making an assumption that the footage will be useful..who knows...

my only lead is this footage ..so I'm being hopeful...

the technician is trying to "decode" the hard drive ..hopefully its there..

maybe somewhat late, but was reading this as a newbie here and wondered how this ended?

were you able to recover the images?