zhill29

Video very choppy with iSpy

I have 2 cameras at the moment, one that I got on ebay, a 1080p off brand china camera (ebay link below) and a Hikvision 3mp one I borrowed from work. Both cameras look amazing when I view them through the web browser logging into the cameras IP. However both are slow, jumpy and just look horrible in iSpy. Any ideas on what I can do? I got mine to look a little better if I drop the resolution to 720p and set the key frame interval to 2, the default is 50. I would like to be able to record in 1080p though.

I also tried viewing the camera through VLC, looks about the same if not worse than iSpy, really don't know what the difference is or what I can do to fix.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311467962488?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have 2 cameras at the moment, one that I got on ebay, a 1080p off brand china camera (ebay link below) and a Hikvision 3mp one I borrowed from work. Both cameras look amazing when I view them through the web browser logging into the cameras IP. However both are slow, jumpy and just look horrible in iSpy. Any ideas on what I can do? I got mine to look a little better if I drop the resolution to 720p and set the key frame interval to 2, the default is 50. I would like to be able to record in 1080p though.

I also tried viewing the camera through VLC, looks about the same if not worse than iSpy, really don't know what the difference is or what I can do to fix.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311467962488?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

dont put your iframe interval at 2..that is your problem..set it to 15 and set your frame rate to 15...you also may have a cpu consumption problem..what is the cpu consumption percentage?

Running the key frame interval at anything higher than 2 just looks horrible in iSpy, dropping it to 2 and 720p is the only way to make it look close to decent in iSpy or VLC, and it runs at about 8-15fps according to iSpy.

CPU consumption is usually under 50%

Running the key frame interval at anything higher than 2 just looks horrible in iSpy, dropping it to 2 and 720p is the only way to make it look close to decent in iSpy or VLC, and it runs at about 8-15fps according to iSpy.

CPU consumption is usually under 50%

something is wrong then...make sure you are pulling the main stream and not the substream..

I just got to thinking, I think the footage going to iSpy is encoded in H264. I wonder if when I'm viewing in the web browser maybe its skipping encoding the video. Is there a way to turn off or change encoding and see if that helps?

I have confirmed I'm running first stream. I have tried playing the video through VLC, blue iris, and milestonexp with no luck. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

No experiences wth these cameras, but I guess it is to blame camera setting. Check Out their default setting. Check out I Frame Interval and P Frame Interval are set correctly. Check out option for Rate Control.

No experiences wth these cameras, but I guess it is to blame camera setting. Check Out their default setting. Check out I Frame Interval and P Frame Interval are set correctly. Check out option for Rate Control.

If this were the problem why would it work just fine through the web browser and not via the recording software?

Also I installed the crappy software that came with one of the cameras, works great through that as well.

You can ignore sunnykim. He has an agenda...There is some glitch in ispy causing this. You are likely better off on the ispy forum. Try blue iris, its light years ahead of ispy and there are no monthly charges for remote viewing or alerts like ispy.

Also I installed the crappy software that came with one of the cameras, works great through that as well.

You can ignore sunnykim. He has an agenda...There is some glitch in ispy causing this. You are likely better off on the ispy forum. Try blue iris, its light years ahead of ispy and there are no monthly charges for remote viewing or alerts like ispy.

As I've said earlier, tried blue iris, it was slightly better but not great by any means. Does that use hardware acceleration or no?

As I've said earlier, tried blue iris, it was slightly better but not great by any means. Does that use hardware acceleration or no?

its being implemented according to the developer. Its much better in terms of its feature set.....if you are having the same issues with blue iris, milestone, vlc etc..then you have a network problem or you have impropery set your camera..reset to default and start over....the cameras own software is likely displaying the substream...

its being implemented according to the developer. Its much better in terms of its feature set.....if you are having the same issues with blue iris, milestone, vlc etc..then you have a network problem or you have impropery set your camera..reset to default and start over....the cameras own software is likely displaying the substream...

So... would it be better to pull the substream with blue iris? I guess the main thing i want is 1080p recording, doesn't make sense to me to do all this work and spend the money if I cant ID someone from the footage if something were to happen. The only way I have found to get a smooth feed so far is dropping to 720p

So... would it be better to pull the substream with blue iris? I guess the main thing i want is 1080p recording, doesn't make sense to me to do all this work and spend the money if I cant ID someone from the footage if something were to happen. The only way I have found to get a smooth feed so far is dropping to 720p

No, you dont have to pull the substream. There is something wrong with your network or camera settings...This is user error, you need to figure out what is wrong. First thing is to reset EVERYTHING in the camera to default - do a factory reset. Then try again.

Do you think all of us using 1080/3mp/4mp cameras are recording the substream only? no. There is something wrong with your setup.

How is your network setup? how are the cams connected to the network?

If this were the problem why would it work just fine through the web browser and not via the recording software?

We are talking only 2 Cameras and Softwares of branded, somewhat. My only guess left is to blame camera settings that probably changed from the original default setting.

Ok so I just tried blue iris on a slightly more powerful computer and it made a phenomenal difference, looks just like the stream through the web browser! I think I know why it didn't want to work well with the other computer now but thats a long story.

As for my setup they are connected through a wireless N router, hardwired at the moment but I will try the wireless again in a bit, again the through the cameras software looked fine on wifi so I doubt there will be any change.

Thank you so much for your input! Now if only i could get my sricam to work blue iris detects it (ispy didn't) but I cant get the stream to come through... any ideas?

Ok so I just tried blue iris on a slightly more powerful computer and it made a phenomenal difference, looks just like the stream through the web browser! I think I know why it didn't want to work well with the other computer now but thats a long story.

As for my setup they are connected through a wireless N router, hardwired at the moment but I will try the wireless again in a bit, again the through the cameras software looked fine on wifi so I doubt there will be any change.

Thank you so much for your input! Now if only i could get my sricam to work blue iris detects it (ispy didn't) but I cant get the stream to come through... any ideas?

Wifi is much of your issue...its always going to cause problems...

Dont use detection..select the proper camera form the dropdown...you should really toss the sricam in the trash, you will be better off for it.

Yeah after a couple google searches I found that a lot of people have issues with it. I already sent a request to return it. I think from here on out I'm going to stick with the Hikvisions. They seem nice.