panic916

V4L Capture Card Recommendations

Hello,

Can anyone make a recommendation for a DVR Card that will work very well with Linux (Video4Linux or other methods [if there are any])? I'm experienced with Linux, but a beginner in terms of DVR hardware and V4L.

Ideally the card would support the following:

• Works great with Linux
  • 4channels or more
  • Preferably less than $150 (could probably go up to $200)

I'll be setting this up as a hobby and home-security system. I currently have some BT878 EyeMax card but it seems like crap and I've spent far too many hours trying to get it to work with V4L with no luck at all and there's virtually no information on the interwebz about it.

Thanks!

Hello,

Can anyone make a recommendation for a DVR Card that will work very well with Linux (Video4Linux or other methods [if there are any])? I'm experienced with Linux, but a beginner in terms of DVR hardware and V4L.

Ideally the card would support the following:

• Works great with Linux
  • 4channels or more
  • Preferably less than $150 (could probably go up to $200)

I'll be setting this up as a hobby and home-security system. I currently have some BT878 EyeMax card but it seems like crap and I've spent far too many hours trying to get it to work with V4L with no luck at all and there's virtually no information on the interwebz about it.

Thanks!

If you are going to spend 200, you may as well buy a kit like this, with 720p cameras, that will blow away whatever analog cams you have or intend to use.

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-8-Channel-HD-Analog-DVR-with-1TB-HDD%2c-4-720p-Cameras-with-80'-Night-Vision.product.100229390.html