MikeHansen

Video digitizer with eth to make analog video cameras IP?

Hi. I have some Sony Ex view HAD cameras that are great for low light conditions and some miniature analog cameras that I would like to continue to use, even if I have switched to IP cameras for most of my surveillance gear.

I therefore need a "box" that has analog inputs and an IP or prefferably WLAN output so that I can treat the analog cams as IP cams (with lower resolution of course).

I am looking for good stuff from a reasonably reputable supplier, not cheap china junk. Taiwan may be ok.

Can you give me some advice on where to find this kind of product?

Hi thats not the solution I am looking for. I am looking for a box with analog video connectors in one end and a WLAN or Ethernet connector in the other end. Any further hints?

Google Avigilon Encoders

Hi. I have some Sony Ex view HAD cameras that are great for low light conditions and some miniature analog cameras that I would like to continue to use, even if I have switched to IP cameras for most of my surveillance gear.

I therefore need a "box" that has analog inputs and an IP or prefferably WLAN output so that I can treat the analog cams as IP cams (with lower resolution of course).

I am looking for good stuff from a reasonably reputable supplier, not cheap china junk. Taiwan may be ok.

Can you give me some advice on where to find this kind of product?

Any Hikvision and Dahua DVR will do that; it will act as an encoder. You do not even need to put a HD on the unit if you do not need to record it there.

So, if you take a 4ch Hik/Dahua DVR, you can then connect to it from a Hik/Dahua NVR, and it will act as if they were 4 Hik/Dahua IP cameras (limited to a 960x576 resolution).