Sign in to follow this  
thenotorious

Hikvision NVR/DS-2CD2135F-IWS Sound issue

Hello enthusiastic camera friends!

Recently i’ve bought an Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A NVR together with an Hikvision DS-2CD2135F-IWS camera and i;m having some problems getting the sound to work correctly for the camera. It would be really great if there is someone who can help me with this because I am at a loss right now.

I have another foscam camera hooked up to the nvr and the audio-in works fine on that one. I can watch the camera live with sound or playback with sound directly on the nvr, in iVMS4200 or on mobile. The Hikvision DS-2CD2135F-IWS needs an external microphone (which I have all setup correctly.) at first I thought it’s probably because I haven’t connected the external microphone correctly. The strange thing is when I open up the iVMS-4200 there is an option ‘start IP two-way audio’ when I turn that on I am able to hear sound from the camera. However this is only when i’m watching it live with the ’start IP two-way audio’ on, when I try to playback I have no sound at all. When I try to watch the camera live/playback directly on the NVR there is no sound either same goes for mobile. Also if I try to turn on the other available options like ‘Enable audio’ there is no sound, same goes for directly turning on the sound on the NVR I get no sound input from the camera.

So currently i’m not sure what the problem is, the external microphone does seem to be correctly connected to the camera but I’m only able to get sound from the camera if I turn on the ‘start IP two-way audio’ option in the iVMS4200 program. I haven’t found any settings in the NVR for doing something with the audio other then mute/turn on audio which does nothing.

If there is anyone willing to help or with some advice that would be fucking great!

DS-2CD2135F-IWS has an integrated mic, and also an external audio input. You can use both of them, as long as you choose on the camera config which audio input you want to use. You also need to make sure the stream is video+audio and that you are recording audio.