gedster314

VideoInsight Storage question

I got volunteered to trouble shoot a sister company's camera system. Complaint is that Video Insight is not recording to their NAS. When the system was pitched, it was supposed to record to the internal drives and then roll over to the NAS. As far as I can tell, Video Insight is just configured through IPServer to store on the internal 14TB raid. The Nas is setup as a third drive on the host computer but there is no place to add another storage location to the ipserver. It appears that VI has never touched the NAS and this NAS has been spinning unused for a few years.

In looking through the camera setup, Video Insight will allow me to point each camera to a different storage location but when I test it on one camera it does not store to the new drive. The server does have permission to right to the drive, I have no problems pushing items to the drive. The manual is useless in regards to using multiple storage locations.

The system is a mix of ip cameras and analog cameras going through encoders. Combined there are about 40 cameras. Currently don't have passwords to the encoders, so storage routing will have to be done on the VideoInsight server.

Any suggestions?