Furious.George

IP Camera Proxy Server Recommendations

I have some foscam rtsp cameras, and I cannot find software I like to use with them. I've tried everything out there. The ones I like don't support the cameras, and the ones I don't like (vehemently) do.

Considering that VLC can play the streams from the cameras, I figured it wouldn't be that hard to configure a proxy server to sit between the cameras and the NVR, and rebroadcast the streams into, ideally, an ONVIF compliant output.

The first complication is that it needs to handle an audio stream, so I believe that necessarily means it has to handle rtsp audio as an input and output. Just using mjpeg as an input or output will likely not be possible with audio and any sort of decent NVR as a client.

The last complication is that while I don't mind paying for a solution, I don't want to pay every month. Once is enough. Wowza looks like it does exactly what I need, but not for 65 USD ever 30 days.

I have a feeling that there is a good open source solution for this so that's what I'm looking into, but I'd appreciate recommendations.

Thanks.