Mr. Anonymous

Best DVR Software You Use?

I picked up a cheap 4 channel USB DVR capture device, and it came with some DVRS software that is not that great. This unit only supports D1 not HD however identification is not an issue right now it just monitors traffic. I do not even think the software has any Apple store compatible viewing apps.

I know BlueIris is suppose to be a leading universal DVR software but what else is really good? Preferably something that has a motion sensing map, I see some software supports a grid-like motion sensing system. Along with remote viewing from iPhone?

Suggestions please

I picked up a cheap 4 channel USB DVR capture device, and it came with some DVRS software that is not that great. This unit only supports D1 not HD however identification is not an issue right now it just monitors traffic. I do not even think the software has any Apple store compatible viewing apps.

I know BlueIris is suppose to be a leading universal DVR software but what else is really good? Preferably something that has a motion sensing map, I see some software supports a grid-like motion sensing system. Along with remote viewing from iPhone?

Suggestions please

Could you please post the picture of your DVR - 4Ch USB?

Sure, avoid this product though. I think the new revision has vent holes now. I wish I could find an HD version of this unit!

292346_1.jpg

Sure, avoid this product though. I think the new revision has vent holes now. I wish I could find an HD version of this unit!

292346_1.jpg

Hi. It's been years since someone posted one of those on here.

You just need to buy a 4 way dvr for your needs and get your motion and alarm and remote view

292346_1.jpg

Hi. It's been years since someone posted one of those on here.

You just need to buy a 4 way dvr for your needs and get your motion and alarm and remote view

Problem is, I do not want a standalone unit I want to use my computer. The thing that stinks is they do not make HD versions of these USB units. It seems the market has migrated to network cameras during the HD conversion which eliminated the need for a capture interface such as this USB unit....I think network cameras have the capture interface built into the camera itself?

Why dont you simply buy an ip camera...this is the best solution..

Or you can get a quality DVR that support steaming and use it as an encoder to stream to your blue iris pc.

Because my network is all ran in high quality analog cable, so you are right I guess I do need a standalone HDD DVR to stream the channels into my PC hopefully over USB/Ethernet ...I use remote desktop connection to view my server from other computers on my network.

Because my network is all ran in high quality analog cable, so you are right I guess I do need a standalone HDD DVR to stream the channels into my PC hopefully over USB/Ethernet ...I use remote desktop connection to view my server from other computers on my network.

So rerun with ethernet..its 2016...not 1980...

Why not use HD TVi with your "high-quality analog cable"?

My computer network is not coax, its my CCTV network... which requires massive spools of cable and a lot of time.

They have 1080 box cameras with coax output but it will get bottlenecked at my DVR right now. I assume this is what your referring to as HD TVi?

My computer network is not coax, its my CCTV network... which requires massive spools of cable and a lot of time.

They have 1080 box cameras with coax output but it will get bottlenecked at my DVR right now. I assume this is what your referring to as HD TVi?

Yes,

Get TVI DVR and cameras and u done

Hi none of above makes sence

You don't have a dvr ..... And no you will not get bottleneck from tvi or cvi if you used cvi or tvi dvr

If your using lots of cable runs cat5 will run multiple cameras..... Analog cvi tvi

I do have a DVR but its in the form of a USB unit + PC.

If I am to run ethernet cable it will be Cat6 (my computer network is Cat6) however my CCTV network is quad shield RG6 and I already ran 1000ft of it just a few years ago to all the camera mounting locations.

I do have a DVR but its in the form of a USB unit + PC.

If I am to run ethernet cable it will be Cat6 (my computer network is Cat6) however my CCTV network is quad shield RG6 and I already ran 1000ft of it just a few years ago to all the camera mounting locations.

USB capture .... Are not DVRs CIF is also old

But you seem to have gone off your own topic

If you want better options like motion and apps ... Then you need to change to a dvr it is your best option

292346_1.jpg

Please allow me to explain why the USB DVR can not support HD size video or kinds. The interface is UBS2.0 which allows Max 480 Mega Bit Per Second. In terms of Byte, 60 MBPS. But considering communication over heads and bufferings for smooth processing by CPU on PC or Laptop, it allows Max 23 MBPS, narrowly passing D1 Sized Video Data of 30 Frames Per Second. For 4 Ch, the video previewed and recorded is to be limited to CIF sized (352X 240, NTSC) for each channel.

292346_1.jpg

Please allow me to explain why the USB DVR can not support HD size video or kinds. The interface is UBS2.0 which allows Max 480 Mega Bit Per Second. In terms of Byte, 60 MBPS. But considering communication over heads and bufferings for smooth processing by CPU on PC or Laptop, it allows Max 23 MBPS, narrowly passing D1 Sized Video Data of 30 Frames Per Second. For 4 Ch, the video previewed and recorded is to be limited to CIF sized (352X 240, NTSC) for each channel.

This makes a great deal of sense with the bandwidth limitations, I would need four single channel HD DVRs on separate USBs to even come close to what I wanted. I am now looking at DVRs on eBay that will record 1080 @ 15fps which is better for identification than 720 @ 30fps in my opinion. I can buy a 4 channel DVR (without drive) for $150 that also supports two network cameras.

I am confused how I would be linking the new DVR to my PC though, I do not want to run the HDMI to my monitor I actually want it on my desktop. I am assuming this is done via USB or Ethernet? In a sense the analog channels would be converted and sent over the Ethernet? Of course there is no need to use remote desktop connection anymore with a DVR I can just load some sort of remote/viewing software on all my PCs?

You need to stream direct from the DVR to the pc...via the NETWORK...cheap DVR's will not stream properly...they will choke.

What is an entry level 8 channel cost? How do I tell if this is going to be an issue when shopping? Price can not be the only thing to go by? My lan is 1.0Gbps done with Cat6

If you like to avoid cabling work, you may buy HD-AHD DVR that supports analog cameras at the same time. Link the network cable from the into your PC, substreaming compressed file. Install a software on your PC that does decompress the file and display video.

So this comes down to an AHD or TVI version of a DVR? I went to SWANNs website for an entry price range and for an 8ch DVR capable of 1080p recording including a 2TB drive is $300 so assuming they can produce a drive for $50 their unit is still $100 more expensive than eBays.

I wish I understood the stream choke, maybe he means on a slower speed network? This is actually something that scares me a bit about moving to an IP system, all my household PCs fetch all their personal files including the desktop environment from the file server in the office which runs 10,000rpm drives for quick seeking. This means I use my Gigalan to its full benefit, seeing how my drives are still capable of a higher transfer rate than my network can handle. I do not want to bog down my network's bandwidth with cameras between the PCs.

Why would you think going dvr will upset your network ?.

All you are doing is replacing USB capture for a dvr with monitor

No network involvement

Why would you think going dvr will upset your network ?.

All you are doing is replacing USB capture for a dvr with monitor

No network involvement

I am streaming live video from the DVR over the network and onto my desktop environment.

You need to stream direct from the DVR to the pc...via the NETWORK...cheap DVR's will not stream properly...they will choke.

I am streaming live video from the DVR over the network and onto my desktop environment.

So what?

you will be pulling may be total between 5-10 Mbps

that nothing for your network

So what?

What if I add IP cameras to the network? What kind of bandwidth do they draw?

So what?

What if I add IP cameras to the network? What kind of bandwidth do they draw?

Again it would not be a problem .... Cameras will be on own local network