Sign in to follow this  
tony17112acst

IVMS4200: Remote Playback OK on Server but Cant On Other PCs

I am running IVMS4200 on a stand-alone PC and I can review video with Remote Playback perfectly fine on that same PC.

But when trying to Remote Playback on other PC's in my house, I get the Playback Failed (317) error (which usually means there are no files).

The odd thing is that I was running Windows 7 on the server and remote PC and I upgraded to windows 10 on both and now I cannot Remote Playback on other PC's (non-server)! I can't think of anything else that has changed.

- I can Remote Playback with my phone through my home network and remotely over the internet!

- The Storage Server is properly added in device management and has the green icon and the same Device Serial Number. I can also successfully get into Remote Configuration of the Server, proving I am linked to it.

I tried:

* Making sure my network is on a private network

* Turned off Windows Firewall on all PC's

* Have no virus software installed on any machine

* I even made a user account on the remote PC with the same ID as the server PC

* I also can browse files on the server PC from my remote PC to be sure I'm connecting thru the network

* I installed the newest version of IVMS4200 on other PCs to test and they also cannot Remote Playback.

I kind of know what I'm doing and I'm lost on this one! I used to be able to Remote Playback on non-storage server PC's, now cannot.