fitzie

Camera Software Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions.

We have 20 Hikvision cameras running on a NVR using exacqVision. We are about to add another 14 cameras and want to upgrade the software to something with more features and better search functionality. The cameras are located in a New car dealership. On one of our site we have the Hikvision cameras running off a Hikvision DVR and I found the software on the DVR to be rather ordinary and definitely not the best option that would be available. The exacqVision is ok but I believe there must be better software available as it seems to be reliable but fairly basic.

We will probably go with more of the Hikvision cameras as they seem to have been fine so far. I recently saw a demonstration of the new Meraki camera software and there was one feature that would save us a lot of time searching through footage to find what we are looking. You can select a camera, then use a tool to highlight a portion of the screen and say search for all motion in this selection. It will then bring up all the motion activated activity in that area for the time period you have selected. This is ideal for us as we will often not notice something for a number of days or weeks and being able to do this rules out all the motion activity on the entire view and just brings it down to where you need it. This would potentially save us a lot of time going through footage. Especially when someone comes into the dealership and changes the plates on a vehicle, which we tend not to notice for a while as there are a lot of cars and you do not memorise the number plates.

Does anyone have a suggestion for software that has this sort of advanced functionality?

Regards

David

This can be done with all current Hikvision DVR/NVRs, it has been there for a while; but I think it can only be done from the unit itself, with monitor and mouse connected.

The option is surely not there when accessing remotely from a web browser, and I think iVMS-4200 also does not have it.

This can be done with all current Hikvision DVR/NVRs, it has been there for a while; but I think it can only be done from the unit itself, with monitor and mouse connected.

The option is surely not there when accessing remotely from a web browser, and I think iVMS-4200 also does not have it.

Securame, we are not currently using a Hikvision NVR so for the site so I am unable to check but I can not find the option in the iVMS-4200 software. Unfortunately the site we do have the NVR on is in another state so it can not access it physically but I might be able to get someone else to check for me. Either way I would still like to be able to come up with a solution that will enable this sort of functionality remotely instead of having to have a fixed Hikvision NVR.

Regards

David