dee8888

]Need help getting Hikvision DS2CD2032F I to work in iVMS-42

Just moved to Florida last year(2015), bought 2 DS2CD2032F I cams from amazon, built a new 64 bit Win 10 computer i7 16meg 3 ssd drives. I cannot get any of the 2 new DS2CD2032F cams to work in iVMS-4200.

I had no problems when I lived in PA. and had Verizon Fios. I left all my old hikvision cameras with my house in PA.

Here I have Brighthouse as ip provider with an Arris modem/router. My internet speed varies from 18m mbps upload to 160 mbps download.

My cameras are plugged into an 8 port Poe 1gig router, which is plugged into the Arris modem with 4 ports.

I used SADP to enable DHCP, which set my camera's IP to 192.168.0.07 and 192.168.0.08 respectively, with an IPv4 Gateway 192.168.0.1

My computer is in the client list as DESKTOP-D6AMHR1 at 192.168.0.6

The DS2CD2032F I cams are build version 5.30.

When I add this cam to 'Encoding Devices' in my iVMS-4200 client, I get the following errors:

HCNetSDK.dll [11] Data error. "The data set to or received from the device is incorrect".

And error showing them to be offline or timed out.

I have several versions of iVMS-4200, but all give the same results.

Could this have something to do with:

• Windows 10?
    64 bit?
    being on a cable connection as opposed to FIOS I had in Pennsylvania?
    using ssd drives?
    my age (75)?

Could someone please help? I am open to suggestions and willing to try whatever!

The problem is most likely related to the credentials you are using to connect to the cameras. It should not be related to your PC setup.

Some people have complained about their DS2CD2032F from amazon not having the default password out of the box. The default passwords should be 12345 or 123456789abc. When you first connect to the camera, it should ask you to set a new password for the admin user. Some cameras came with already set admin passwords, and you will need to be reset them to set a new password.

The reset process should be pretty simple: press and hold the reset button on the back, then plug the camera to power it on. Keep holding the reset button for 30 seconds. You should be able to set your own password after that.

Hope it helps.

The problem is most likely related to the credentials you are using to connect to the cameras. It should not be related to your PC setup.

Some people have complained about their DS2CD2032F from amazon not having the default password out of the box. The default passwords should be 12345 or 123456789abc. When you first connect to the camera, it should ask you to set a new password for the admin user. Some cameras came with already set admin passwords, and you will need to be reset them to set a new password.

The reset process should be pretty simple: press and hold the reset button on the back, then plug the camera to power it on. Keep holding the reset button for 30 seconds. You should be able to set your own password after that.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for trying, but the first thing I had to do to save new settings when in 'SADP' tool was to set a new user name and password. The password had to be a 'STRONG' password.

On the other hand, there was no explanation as to what the user name and password belongs to. Is it the cam or is it the program? It also did not say whether or not the the camera itself needed 'admin' to work properly. When I tried to look at the cam in web browser, using Microsoft Edge, it did not accept the credentials. The same happened in Chrome and Firefox.

What is weird however is that my new user name and password worked just fine making and then saving changes inside either SADP or iVms-4200.

I appreciate and thank you for your response and hope for more.

It appears I have solved my camera problems. To help other with similar problems, I have explained my solution below.

I have found out why my cams did not work before and gave error messages instead. These hikvision cams (version 5.3) came with no default password set.

Detecting the cams and their settings using SADP tool, worked differently than older version hikvision cams did.

The first thing required is that you set a 'Super User' default name and password, which I did. Nowhere, in this process did it explain that this 'Super User' had nothing to do with camera password.

The cameras' password setting needs to be 'admin' and its password was separate from that which applied to the 'Super User' password.

I can just imagine how many people got tripped up by this if they had experience with previous versions of hikvision cameras.

The cameras work just fine now. I have indeed set the cameras addresses to not use DHCP, so that the addresses do not change.

My modem/router, supplied by my service provider 'Brighthouse', is an 'ARRIS modem/router' combination with 4 output ports. My cameras are connected to an 8 port POE switch which is plugged into the 'ARRIS modem/router'.

On to a separate question:

I have the iVMD-client installed on C:

Is there anything to be gained by using E: or F: instead? Please understand that all these drives are super fast solid state SSD?