yesjoshyes

Need help with EyeMax DVS 9448

Hi! I'm a tenant in a building where the building manager is new, and previous building managers never kept records of anything. Lately, we've had break-ins and complaints of people having packages being stolen, so I offered to try and tinker with the system to help her access the video logs.

What I could ascertain so far – the building has motion sensing cameras that seem to be working as expected according to the shoddy user interface, but the hard drive is full and nothing more is being recorded. The building manager has no user credentials and no idea how to access the actual system, so we're limited to just seeing what the cameras are displaying whenever there is movement.

I tried to assist by using the default user / password combo (admin / 'no password') to no avail. At this point, I'd just like to help her reset the system and start from scratch, but have no idea how to do that. I can access windows explorer, terminal, etc from ctl alt del, and the login UI to the Eyemax, but that's about it. Not much help from the user manual either (https://www.manualslib.com/products/Eyemax-Dvs-9448-3556672.html)

Contacting Eyemax was also useless because they asked for my customer ID, which my building manager didn't have.

ANY advice on what to do here would be helpful. Thanks!

Josh