MigCCTV

IVMS-4200 to Mobile App

Hi guys, for quite a few years Ive been successfully using IVMS PC-NVR on a high spec PC i use to collate and run all my IP cameras in a building.

As the camera specs get better and better and more and more functional, I feel the age of the PC-NVR software.

Hikvision have stopped supporting PCNVR and I'm not sure how to move forward. Ive gone onto IVMS4200 and successfully sorted the Stream Server, the Storage Server etc. Some people struggle with this, but I've had it all set up.

Now, I need to be able to view the live feeds from the sub streams from my Hikvision app and also the recorded footage on the storage server.

I haven't got a clue how to run IVMS-4200 and also 4500 on my iPhone. I could add all the cameras manually but I dont want to do this, plus I wont be able to see any footage as the cameras dont have SD cards in them, all the footage goes to the Then PCNVR or the Now IVMS-4200 Storage server.

Any input regardless of how short you might find it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I have the same setup as yourself and I discovered the only way to view live video and recorded video from the one camera within the app was to do away with storage server and instead configure each camera to record to a smb share. This happened to be the same spare PC I was using for iVMS Storage Server.

Your other alternative is to purchase a Hikvision NVR like the Kepler 7608P. This works really well with the iVMS-4500 mobile app. You only need to add one device to the app (the NVR) and it gives you live and recorded video from any camera connected to it.

Unfortunately iVMS Storage Server cannot and does not replace a proper NVR.