twice_shy

Capture of 960H and AHD 720? (analog HD)

Hello, i've been quiet for quite awhile because intended business plans and such either fell through or got postponed awhile so the need for an immediate CCTV system fell by the wayside. I'm now trying to catch back up due to new possible needs.

I have been slowly reading about and trying to learn about various CCTV options. To keep things simple i'll already state that I already know IP based systems are clearly the best for a new install/the most flexible, it's just also more expensive than what i'd like. So I am looking into both used equipment with future upgrade plans, and something more slowly upgradeable/scaleable a piece at a time.

Two specific interest are the 960H resolution cameras (which alternately list as 960x480 or 960x582, i'm not sure where the latter comes from... forcing into PAL mode?) and the AHD analog HD 720 systems that seem to be flooding out of china at impossibly low prices for total systems.

As far as I know I can capture 960H outputs with normal cards i'm just limited to D1 so it will be like 720x480. My question is are capture cards made which can capture the full 960 lines of resolution so it's not just in the monitor, but in a digital recording?

Next question is the same about the Analog HD type cameras, are there capture cards made that can capture 720p from BNC, let alone 1080p or the even higher that some have suggested will be coming in the future? I am considering a 'chinese' AHD system but would like to be able to reuse the cameras in the future at full res, capturing into a PC at whatever full framerates are supported. General google searches haven't turned up much.

Not trying to attention hog but no ideas even 4 months later? :-/ Is there no way to digitize beyond SDTV analog signals to work with a computer if you didn't buy some single all in one system?

If it's just some wiring adapter to turn conventional BNC type connectors (from analog cctv that they tend to use) into some component level capture for the PC, and then standard HD capture cards that's fine, i'm just trying to figure out how this is done.