Sign in to follow this  
austin5000

Connect 1080p camera to pc

I bought an hdmi capture card to Connect 1080p camera to pc. It has a ypbpr lead. Is this how its done? The 1080p camera has only 1 video plug but the ypbpr lead has 3. Is this how its done?

I bought an hdmi capture card to Connect 1080p camera to pc. It has a ypbpr lead. Is this how its done? The 1080p camera has only 1 video plug but the ypbpr lead has 3. Is this how its done?

The 1080P camera you got is probably a HD-TVI, HD-AHD, or an HD-CVI camera or one of those that output to any of these format commonly known as an all in one camera but requires going thru a menu or a switch to switch between TVI/AHD/CVI/Regular 700tvl CVBS.

The video capture card you got only appears to have a component port, the YPbPr which requires the Green, Blue and Red cable will not connect directly to your camera, but there is a way of doing it:

If the camera is an HD-TVI camera you have lots of support when it comes to buying a converter. I would go to eBay and search for TVI to Component if nothing is found at least I can tell you that I was able to find the TVI to HDMI converter, and if that is the one you end up purchasing then you will need to purchase the HDMI to Component converter and THEN you shall be able to connect your TVI camera to your 1080P video capture card.

The above assumes the camera is a TVI if your camera is something else such as CVI, AHD or even the least likely SDI you will need to do your search for the converter using these terms in place of TVI.

So please Google up the model number of your camera to determine what HD technology (TVI/CVI/AHD/SDI) it uses first before searching for the corresponding converter for it.

Reason: A TVI camera requires a TVI DVR, a CVI camera requires a CVI DVR, a AHD camera requires a AHD DVR and an SDI camera requires an SDI DVR. Your YPbPr (Component) 1080P video capture card supports none of these, hence the reason why you need the to Component converter or to HDMI converter and then an HDMI to Component converter.

Estimated costs (assuming TVI here):

TVI to HDMI converter: $150 from China plus a $25 shipping

HDMI to Component: $19.95 with free shipping if within the USA.

Unless you can find the TVI to Component right of the bat bypassing the need of the secondary step converter, and if you do, probably it's going to cost you the same as the first one.

Note prices might be a lot cheaper now to check anyways.

Since your YPbPr video capture card was not made with CCTV in mind probably it has no way of recycling old videos in favor of new ones once your hard drive gets full, so you will have to do the recycling manually yourself by deleting the few days older videos and emptying the recycler bin once after a few days and daily keep an eye that the software is running and set to recording and it may or may not have motion detection capabilities which means you will be recording in constant mode all the time. Be sure to set encoding tech right such as use H. 264 instead of Motion JPEG or MJPEG in short in order to save disk space per days of recording and set bitrate wisely such as 2 Mbps for example and if you can lower the frame rate to 6 to 7 fps would be great if not it's not the end of the world.