grimeire

DVR/NVR software for LINUX/WINDOWS/MAC

Hey,

I have a Dahua IP camera - IPC-HDW4431C-A.

i have a NAS on my network and I want to be able to record the feed from the camera to this NAS. I configured and started the FTP service in the NAS but for some reason the IP camera cannot record on to it. From the looks of the files on the NAS, it is able to connect to the NAS as it is saving files on it but they are never more than a 1MB in size and the recordings are unplayable. It like it stop just before it starts to record.

I have confirmed the permissions are correct on the NAS and i am able to read and write using the same username that i gave the IP camera using FileZilla.

I then configured an FTP server on another server I have and it records to this no problem but this has a limited HDD size and is dedicated to something else.

After days and days of trying to get the FTP method to work, I decided to go a different route and run a VM on my NAS with DVR software running. I ran into more problems again this way. The only DVR software I could find was Genius Vision but after installing, I found out that it cannot record to mapped drive (MY NAS).

Currently I am installing Zone minder DVR software on an Ubuntu VM and testing that. Hopefully that will work but I am not too optimistic.

Could anyone please recommend a NVR/DVR software that i can record to my NAS(network drive) or better yet tell me why i am unable to record to my NAS directly from the camera?

Thanks for any help.

post a screenshot of the ftp settings. how dow you record? on motion or permanently?

maybe you need a special viewer for the files?

look herehttp://www.dahuasecurity.com/download_2.html

post a screenshot of the ftp settings. how dow you record? on motion or permanently?

maybe you need a special viewer for the files?

hey thanks for the reply.

i can play the videos fine when they are recorded to another machine, but from looking at the recorded files on the NAS none are more than 500kb compared to the few MBs per second of recording on the other machine. It seems the files are created but the recording never starts.

nas settings

http://www.cctvforum.com/download/file.php?mode=view&id=9631&sid=609f6965072b7d8a13d32359e3957bba

nas files

http://www.cctvforum.com/download/file.php?mode=view&id=9630&sid=609f6965072b7d8a13d32359e3957bba

other machine saved files

http://www.cctvforum.com/download/file.php?mode=view&id=9633&sid=609f6965072b7d8a13d32359e3957bba

i have tired to record both peramanently and by motion. i get the same result either way.

thanks

NASCap.JPG.b9401408fa40687ed9b003d5c068c109.JPG

nasset.JPG.59acf1c8fa83fad618dd9fd0726f05f9.JPG

soloFile.JPG.3ee077363bc61ace935696c98982de69.JPG

can you try it on 192.168.0.111 with a different remote directory.

did you try also the NAS feature of the camera?

can you try it on 192.168.0.111 with a different remote directory.

did you try also the NAS feature of the camera?

yes i tired with differentdirectories and different user accounts. every other device/machine can R/W to the nas except the Camera.

I managed a work around last night. i mounted the NAS on a another server then recorded to the nas via the other server. Its not ideal but im after spending a lot of time trying to resolve this with no luck.

yeah i tired with the NAS feature but couldnt get it to work. I didnt spend too long on it as i dont know how it is suppose to work without creditional being entered.

i also tired that smartPSS and that is pretty much the same interface that the camera has build in. no recording to storage options other than whats already on the camera webgui

Normally the Nas feature works good...

It's good that it runs now, somehow. But I really would like to know why it does record on the one server and not properly on the other one. If you want to spend some more time on it you can check maybe the log of FTP and NVR.