sanketgroup

200 IP Cameras and PC NVR

Hello

we just installed around 200 hikvision IP cameras. All are H265 and H265+.

I want to record all cameras on PC with H265 supports.

I tried using iVMS4200, but i am having two big issues.

1. It supports maximum 64 cameras.

2. It does not run web server, so it is not possible to live view or view recordings on other PCs and browser.

Resources are not an issue, i monitored network utilization, cpu, memory - all are under control and still can handle more cameras.

What is the best way to record all 200 cameras, and which can be seen or played recordings on other browsers.

Please help.

Thanks

Hello

we just installed around 200 hikvision IP cameras. All are H265 and H265+.

I want to record all cameras on PC with H265 supports.

I tried using iVMS4200, but i am having two big issues.

1. It supports maximum 64 cameras.

2. It does not run web server, so it is not possible to live view or view recordings on other PCs and browser.

Resources are not an issue, i monitored network utilization, cpu, memory - all are under control and still can handle more cameras.

What is the best way to record all 200 cameras, and which can be seen or played recordings on other browsers.

Please help.

Thanks

I don't get it

You installed 200 cameras without clear plan

wow

as per plan, we suppose to install standalone NVRs,

but now i am thinking to make it PC based VMS/NVR

Is your customer prepare to pay for soft Lic?

As with cost of 4 x 64 channel standalone NVR, budget was issue. Hence we thought to implement PC based NVR.

I was not aware that iVMS4200 limits 64 cameras and does not work on remote PCs.

So in trouble. He might spend some money but not as standalone NVRs.

As with cost of 4 x 64 channel standalone NVR, budget was issue. Hence we thought to implement PC based NVR.

I was not aware that iVMS4200 limits 64 cameras and does not work on remote PCs.

check your pm

check your pm

replied 3rd message but message stays in outbox,

Hi. What type of install is it ......domestic commercial retail and are all cameras at same location..

You will also have to recalculate hard drive space h265+ will not help on a standard PC so that will be a unexpected customer price increase

Anything over 64 cameras for commercial or retail you should look at avigilon .

Like what has already been said .... Doing homework first would of stopped a headache.

The current hik cameras you have ....... Are they gray market or from a aurtherised distributor. As you can also take a look at HikCentral ..... It will support your 200 cameras. But again cost ... Reliability and support ...avigilon.

Hi. What type of install is it ......domestic commercial retail and are all cameras at same location..

You will also have to recalculate hard drive space h265+ will not help on a standard PC so that will be a unexpected customer price increase

Anything over 64 cameras for commercial or retail you should look at avigilon .

Like what has already been said .... Doing homework first would of stopped a headache.

The current hik cameras you have ....... Are they gray market or from a aurtherised distributor. As you can also take a look at HikCentral ..... It will support your 200 cameras. But again cost ... Reliability and support ...avigilon.

avigilon again costing very high.

current Hik cameras are from authorized dealer. But they do not provide support as agreed before.

I downloaded HikCentral but i think it is just CMS and does now work to store video.

It can only connect to other NVR,DVR and Live view of of cameras as it is only CMS, correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

current Hik cameras are from authorized dealer. But they do not provide support as agreed before.

Think it is safe to say un authorised..... buy 200 and get no support.

Without you being able to spend any more money then you are left with a system that you can do nothing with and be dealing with problems every day of the week

H265 to a standard pc is pointless

200 cameras you have not talked about video display.

And storage is also going to cost. Hope you don’t think pc storage is good enough for 200 cameras

Is this for a customer and what type of install retail commercial or domestic.... there is a reason for asking

PC configuration what we are using is high end.

It has i7 X series 7740 processor, 32GB DDR4 (4000mhz) RAM

Total 5 HDD of 4TB each are installed in sysytem

Graphics card is nVidia GTX 1060 4gb

This set of hardware already installed but I went wrong on one thing. Someone told me that iVMS4200 can manage all cameras with this configuration. People were saying to focus on hardware capacity and softwares is not the cost.

Hence I focused on hardware only.

And we were trying to bring cost down then buying 4 hikvision standalone NVRs.

I did not know that iVMS can only record only 64 cameras and there is no webserver hence cannot be accessed over the browser.

Sitting in small town and very unorganized market, i had to believe what someone told me who works with camera installation.

You would not even believe that local employee of Hikvision did not have any idea about iVMS 4200 limitation.

Before buying he him self told me I could use PC NVR. When I called him saying this is not working he said he does not have much knowledge about PC based recording since 99.99% customers buys standalone NVRs in this region.

I already invested huge in PC hardware as above configuration.

You would not even believe that local employee of Hikvision did not have any idea about iVMS 4200 limitation.

Before buying he him self told me I could use PC NVR. When I called him saying this is not working he said he does not have much knowledge about PC based recording since 99.99% customers buys standalone NVRs in this region

Again not a authorised distributor. ..... being a hikvision employee like he claims .... should of said to you ... your not the first to run 200 cameras with vms.

20TB for 200 cameras ...... are you only using 1 monitor...... that pc is going to use a lot of cpu going H265 back to H264

Why are you avoiding questions .... private retail commercial

Lots of vms but need to know the use

not avoiding any questions. forgot to answer.

yes supplier is authorized sub-distributor and they have been recommend by Hikvision sales office only.

For monitors/viewing - original plan was to have 3 client PCs with each having 3 monitors.

They view in browsers.

Main CPU as described in previous post works as PC NVR only and records cameras.

Other 3 client PCs are for viewing only.

This is retail setup.

not avoiding any questions. forgot to answer.

Yet you still never answered. Pointless asking you any questions to help with anything.

In a few days it might start to sink in that your authorised hikvision guy is an idiot........ if he can’t give you a hint of a vms.

Remember you not the first to run 200 plus hik.

But with you not answering basic questions means no one can help

200 cameras through web browser is crazy.

Is it a local system ?

I don't understand which question is unanswered, everything answered including hardware specification, all cameras are at one location only.

Cameras are from authorized sub-distributor.

I think i am in this forum to take help and find solution, if you say go to distributor than why would i post anything here for help?

"Is it a local system ?"

Yes everything in local LAN.

"200 cameras through web browser is crazy"

i did not say I want all 200 cameras in live view.

I want to record 200 cameras and for Live viewing i can limit to 30-40 cameras at once.

No need to live view all camera at once.

" if he can’t give you a hint of a vms"

If i had solution and support why i would post my questions here? or look for help here?

"your not the first to run 200 cameras with vms"

Yes i completely agree, i never said i am the first one.

"are you only using 1 monitor" - (already answered)

For monitors/viewing - original plan was to have 3 client PCs with each having 3 monitors.

They view in browsers. Want to Live view 30-40 cameras at once with shuffle option.

"Why are you avoiding questions .... private retail commercial"

already said this is for retail setup.

"H265 to a standard pc is pointless"

shared PC configuration in previous post

"200 cameras you have not talked about video display"

shared information in previous post

You have all the basic information, what else left?

Hi Tom,

I wonder if you could expound on your statements about H.265 on a PC.

"that pc is going to use a lot of cpu going H265 back to H264"

"H265 to a standard pc is pointless"

Whats the issue here? I'm on not sure if the issue is the number of cameras he has or his software. Just courious because I've done a few PC based H.265 systems for homes (so 4-8 cameras) and I thought everything worked fine. I use Geovision H.265 cameras along with Geovision software that supports H.265. And the PCs are Intel i5 6000 series or better CPUs. Just hoping I'm not missing something.