Sign in to follow this  
aStoreOwner

Remote access for DVR without using provided software

Hi all,

I have an EYEMAX HX-08 DVR set-up in my store configured for remote access. I'm hoping to write a simple script (e.g. in Python) that will save an image of each every 5 minutes or so from a remote computer.

Right now I'm able to access the live feed when I enter the system's IP address into my browser on a remote computer, but this requires logging in using their web interface which is difficult to do with a script. The people who installed the DVR also provided some client software (i-Smart Viewer for my phone and i-Cens for my computer) which do work, but these have no options for saving images at a regular interval how I want. I've found other third-party software which has my type of DVR listed, but whenever I enter my information these software fail to connect.

Ideally I would be able to enter a single url into my browser and immediately get the live feed, or at least an image.

According to the ispyconnect website, the url should be something like http:// [username] : [password] @ [ip address] /jstream.cgi?chid=0&cnt=0

but I've tried every variant of this to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.