Hello my brother gave me a pico 2000 computer and and cameras. Everything works great,but i cant seem to get the remote veiw software working. I try to connect to the pico pc throu my internet and it will not connect it fails ,do i have to configure the pico pc .What is the proper configuration for it to connect remotely

No special settings for remote view,

if u connect to the intenet with a router you will need o configure the port in port forwarding/virtual servers i think pico use port 1999

also check that your firewall allows connections to this port

Thanks for youre reply, im using dsl at the host location and i configured windows firewall to accept port 1999 but i still cant connect from my location it just fails for some odd reason maybe im missing something in the settings could u walk me thou it . thanks

Nightranger youre the man, u got this up and running fast and efficent. Thanks for everything.

Nightranger youre the man, u got this up and running fast and efficent. Thanks for everything.

how did you solve this problem?

Would you happen to have a copy of this software or tell me where I can download it, I have the disk but my computer can't read it, i've tried in 2 different machines, I think the disk is messed up.

I found a copy of the software on line, but it doesn't work with winxp, unless someone out there knows something I don't-which is most likely the case...when I loaded the software I got a screen with menu tabs but the characters were all ????? question marks I have no idea why.

There should be a utility with the software that you run, it changes the menus to english instead of ????? chars. Cant recall what its called but its on the installation cd that I used to have. See if there is anything in your package that looks like it could be it.

Oh should have read much better, just as kensplace said browse cd and install the english pack. That should get rid of those odd characters

it was his modem it was working as a router so we needed to open ports for pico

how did u exactly get the ports opened give me the instructions

or how do i solve this

i was using remote / online view but it dosent work i enter my ip and it says this

192.168.1.1...succeeded

it was his modem it was working as a router so we needed to open ports for pico

how did u exactly get the ports opened give me the instructions

or how do i solve this

i was using remote / online view but it dosent work i enter my ip and it says this

192.168.1.33...succeeded

and after the video dosent come onfront it is just 192.168.1.33...succeeded

Nighht ranger,

I have pico running and I cant access remote view. Come to find out my ISP blocks port 1999. How can I change the port in pico to another?