yeeduong

DVR pc based remotely viewing need help

Hi, I have a computer acting as a DVR system, it dedicates to just for DVR, nothing else. Recently, my Linksys router went dead on me and I went to Fry's and got myself a DLink...I did everything within my knowledge about port forwarding and assign an IP for the computer and port..etc and still unable to get it remotely view.

I searched and searched this entire forum and read lots of info about remotely logon and portforwarding and still unable to do it on my dvr pc based. I've done so many port forwarding using Standalone system and I don't why DVR PC based is giving me so much problem I'm using Eyemax1 software version 9030 I think.. DVR pci cards I have no idea what brand they are

I have a STATIC IP DSL LINE, and so the DNS

My DSL line is:

Static IP: 68.184.13.140

Static DNS: 64.25.100.20

My router is set to

DLink Router Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (Pingable in LAN)

DHCP enable on LAN is: 192.168.0.50-200

My PC DVR pc based IP is: 192.168.0.10 (Pingable in LAN)

I assigned forwarding port: 9091 (tested and this port is open to use)

Default web port is: 80 ( I can change it to 88 or whatever)

I set in Eyemax1 software client as:

ServerName: DVR

IP: 192.168.0.10

Port as Defaut: 9091

Username: xxx

Password: xxx

When I use web browers and type in my static IP: htt p://68.184.13.140:9091 (it takes forever and ends up with can't find the site)

I can able to use port 80 htt p://68.184.13.140:80 ( it loads up the page but I can't connect with user name or password...error: logon failed

I used the Client software to connect to

ServerName: DVR

IP: 192.168.0.10

Port as Defaut: 9091

Username: xxx

Password: xxx

If I remember correctly i got errors: logon fail and Multip access denied

I can't even view it local area network, LAN. Why?

Please if you have experience with EYEMAX1 clients and DVR - pc based please help me out...I've been trying for 3weeks...every day I spent 1 or 2 hours on it..I think my brain gonna explode

If I missed something during the setup and configuration please, please let me know,,,thank you

Thanks for helping

If the only problem you are having is a "multi access denied", then you are logged on to the server as an admin user or the user you are logged in as doesn't not have the multiple access box checked.

Log out of the server and log back in with a user that has muti access allowed.

You should then be able to connect from the client software.

You can't be logged in to the server and from the client with the same user unless "multi access" is selected in the user attributes.

If the only problem you are having is a "multi access denied", then you are logged on to the server as an admin user or the user you are logged in as doesn't not have the multiple access box checked.

You can't be logged in to the server and from the client with the same user unless "multi access" is selected in the user attributes.

I don't remember seeing anything sayiing Multi access option but I'll try to look for it again...thanks for the input apprecaited

any other inputs? thanks guyss

did it work with the linksys router?

if so, then you can eliminate the pc, or the dvr software being the problem.

also, i am not sure how your current software works, but i do know that for geovision systems, typically 3 ports need to be opened up for remote access to work.

also, i cant remember if i read it in the original thread or not, but make sure your DVR system has a static ip addy. your dlink router can still be set to DHCP mode, but the computer itself should have a static ip address.

I don't remember seeing anything sayiing Multi access option but I'll try to look for it again...thanks for the input apprecaited

On your computer click on "Control" then "Setup" then "User". From the list click on the user you will be using to login and then click "Modify", Make sure the box that says "Multi-access" is checked off. Please note that if "Admin Mode" is checked then "Multi-access" will automatically check itself off. It worked for me. Hope it works for you.

When you choose to sign in then this option shall appear for once to be selected i think you should first remove some cache and cookies then sign in to the server you will see the option.