I have ether 9808 running on winxp with video card asus 1600eax pro silent, motherboard asus.Intel dual core processor.The problem is that i cant use direct draw i can only use direct 3d.Then after 1 day or two from recording, the server get down, i try to connect via IE and it says connection to server failed.,then when i try to browse record history i see the software stop recording at the same time server stop.

Any clue,hint?

hmmmm yeah i think i read this too somewhere, i have a dual core cpu

4 times in 2 month that i try to get in touch with wave-p via email and they dont even reply..

I bought a new processor,just to test,an intel pentium 4,3ghz NOT DUAL , i get the same result, after a day or 2, dvr stop recording.Mean that it's not the processor the problem.

am downloading the 7,4,0,2 version software, will let you know if i get best result.

edit:

Not working.

btw anyone is in direct draw with this card? i can only see video in direct3d

I use asus eaxpro1600 video card

I could not post Wave-P contact info in this thread.

I have worked with this card using Directdraw mode using ATI cards and Integrated GMA 900 video.

You can PM me to get the information.

Miguel Torres.

I downloaded the software and installed it, but still have the same problem no live video over lan/internet

I finally got in touch with someone named effie at wave-p, she was very helpful, and worked very hard to get this problem solved. As it turns out there was a file that needed to be replaced, she emailed it to me along with instructions how to replace it and then to restart the software, worked like a charm!!!

Thanks to all who tried to help me.

Regards,

Clive

If anyone has the same problem PM me and I will send the file to you.

I dont know how come you get in touch with them they never reply my message since months.I read they dont help customers like us, just retailers.AM still looking for a new differ. brand card

Does anyone know the password for wave - p dot come rar's ? please and thank you.

I have same problem too on ether 9808, the new software is still not stable, every morning my computer need to restart. if i don't do so then all network can't view, same too on the recording.the recording in a few hour stop, it's same every day.my computer is P4 intel 3ghz, Mainboard intel 945,VGA card is Ati Radeon X1050

Does anyone know the password for wave - p dot come rar's ? please and thank you.

Password is usually: 806807

i found out a reason why some people may experience problems with this brand of cards.

I used to when I tested log onto the newtork from 2 differnt IP's and networks which caused the system to crash. and reboot.

So I have been trying for a week to just use the single log on and then see how it goes and its been going good so far. But not sure how stable it will be, I'll try and keep updating everyone.

I had try all the setting, still the same problem.

after reboot the system, 12 hours later, the recording will stop.

only way is to restert the OS or to restart the DVR progarm.

Temp. I m using the DVR reboot and swoff23 to do auto restart the DVR system.

Found that the DVR program will auto start every 3 hours, but starting from July, the DVR program stop auto restart.

Below is the waring.txt file at \DVR folder

DVR shutdown. 6-29 0:29

DVR start, Data: 6-29 0:30

DVR shutdown. 6-29 3:29

DVR start, Data: 6-29 3:30

DVR shutdown. 6-29 6:29

DVR start, Data: 6-29 6:30

DVR shutdown. 6-29 9:29

DVR start, Data: 6-29 9:30

DVR shutdown. 6-29 12:29

DVR start, Data: 6-29 12:30

DVR shutdown. 6-29 15:29

DVR start, Data: 6-29 15:30

DVR shutdown. 6-29 18:29

DVR start, Data: 6-29 18:30

DVR shutdown. 6-29 21:29

DVR start, Data: 6-29 21:30

DVR shutdown. 6-30 0:29

DVR start, Data: 6-30 0:30

Do any one have the solution...

I had try all the setting, still the same problem.

after reboot the system, 12 hours later, the recording will stop.

only way is to restert the OS or to restart the DVR progarm.

Temp. I m using the DVR reboot and swoff23 to do auto restart the DVR system.

DVR squote]

how do you use swoff23 to stop and restart the dvr?It stop and restart windows only...Can you help?

Is anyone running on a newer Asus P35 or X48 based motherboard. I've only been able to get this card working on an older Intel P4 Asus board.

thanks

Does this card actually support 640x480? ie: does it support D1 or just CIF? No matter what I set it to it only records 320x240. The manufactures website says that it does (wave-p site). From what I can see in the INI files in the DVR directory it only goes up to 320x240. I read another thread here and someone claiming to be from the manufacturer was saying the the 4 channel version of this card is only CIF and that D1 would be coming (post from Oct 2007).

What is this manufacturer basing the 640x480 recording resolution on if it is only a CIF card. I am hoping someone can prove me wrong on this.

thanks,

Brendin

For the decision of problem with the stop of record and hanging up of server I wrote bat-file, which stops and starts DVR and cause it from the Task Scheduler.

taskkill /IM encode.exe

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > nul

c:\dvr\dvr.exe

But it would be desirable to know how to decide this problem without perversions.

Yes will Work whit Dual Core no problem, the best thing is to use a DVR Mother Board is 99.8%y Stable And the new Software 8.2.2.0, if you have problem whit the form of the video Please use ATI video Cards. 128 MB or More.

If you have any problem please send a E-Mail and I will help you to solve the problem.

Thanks

Tvdigital2

I am a little confused guys, will this card work with a dual processor or not?

Help anyone?

I can only run it using the direct 3d, and the picture is OK until something moves then there is motion blur that looks like it is Superman moving at light speed.

I thought at fiirst it is because I have a PCI Express video card and that there may have been a conflict there.

Thanks in anticipation of some truly amazingly simple solution to a problem that has caused me to lose 75% of what hair I had left.