Sign in to follow this  
Evo

Access control brands

Hi There,

My company is UK based and im looking to move into the Access control side of security. Im looking for advice on what brands I should be looking to work with along with good distributors with good tech support.

Also when looking for engineers what kind of backgrounds and qualifications are most useful when looking to send people on courses. And for that matter where can I send my guys for the best training?

Cheers

Small all the way up to blue chip. I have a few potential deals on the table and need to cope with a sharp learning curve.

The largest in the business is Assa Abloy, or HID Global in the U.S. What I like is that software and cloud solutions available from several vendors, large partner network, trusted brand. We started with a four door system and have been adding to it every few months.

One we were looking at but customer didn't buy off on it was Bright Blue from Schlage. Closed system in that it only works by dialing into their control panel, but had some unique wireless features. Geared towards the smaller install.

Frankly, I would avoid closed proprietary systems because what the customer sees is the software and if they don't like the interface in a proprietary system, they are stuck, with an open system like HID Global OPIN (Edge and VertX controllers), if they don't like the software, there's many to chose from.

Anyone have any experience with Geovision Access Control? I just did my first single door system, just to kinda experiment with the technology. How does the GV stuff compare to say the HID Global? I went with GV because I have experience with their CCTV interfaces, and figured there might be some similarities.

DAQ is the brand I work with on a daily basis, and they can handle anything. The other brand I work with that scales extremely well is Galaxy. Rosslare isn't too bad either, but I have never used them on anything bigger than 4 doors, so I cannot speak to scaling it up.

If you wanted to stay IP based for everything take a look at brands like Paxton or Isonas.

Here is the DAQ stuff I would recommend, it is POE powered and can also talk directly to building automation systems (lighting, HVAC, etc.). PM me for what their dealer pricing is so you know what you would be looking at (click the picture to get more info).

245427_1.jpg

we just got the new AXIS access control hardware. POE and handles two doors for the basic unit. I like the fact that it has builtin software, and you can scale to ten doors without adding additonal software. Set up the first unit and when you add the second unit all your users are transferred over.

We just installed Avigilon's new access control solution ACM. Right now these is geared towards enterprise customers but it is managed via web browser and currently uses Mercury controls.

Soon they will be adding HID and other controllers to the supported hardware list.

The DAQ stuff looks nice.

DAQ is the brand I work with on a daily basis, and they can handle anything. The other brand I work with that scales extremely well is Galaxy. Rosslare isn't too bad either, but I have never used them on anything bigger than 4 doors, so I cannot speak to scaling it up.

If you wanted to stay IP based for everything take a look at brands like Paxton or Isonas.

Here is the DAQ stuff I would recommend, it is POE powered and can also talk directly to building automation systems (lighting, HVAC, etc.). PM me for what their dealer pricing is so you know what you would be looking at (click the picture to get more info).

245427_1.jpg

Ive gone to a couple of training days at Paxton and they have really helped.

The DAQ stuff looks nice.

245427_1.jpg