I have a Kantech kt-300 box. I am having issues with it. Before I begin, let me tell you I do not have a lot of experience setting them up. I have it set up to run through a usb-485. At first when i set it up all the LED did on the panel was flash. I did a hard reset (the way it said to do it in the manual) and now all it does is flash 4 times per second (hard reset to factory defaults). It does not seem to be communicating with the software. I forgot to tell you that it was hooked up and unhooked before (before i started with the company) and I am just rehooking it back up. from what I have been told is that it worked before. When I click on OPeration/site on the software it tells me the controller is not assigned. How do I assign it?

My suggestion is to call in a company to deal with this. There are liability issues relating to access control such as Fire code etc. Paying a company a couple of hundred will be well worth it.

Go to Kantech EntraPass SW then select site..if that controller is part of the site then add on the site..if it is an only one controller then create a site then add that controller in that new site...once you set-up the controller, there you can modify how it will be connected to the gateway (a PC to which all site are terminated) or to the KT-NCC..

I have a Kantech kt-300 box. I am having issues with it. Before I begin, let me tell you I do not have a lot of experience setting them up. I have it set up to run through a usb-485. At first when i set it up all the LED did on the panel was flash. I did a hard reset (the way it said to do it in the manual) and now all it does is flash 4 times per second (hard reset to factory defaults). It does not seem to be communicating with the software. I forgot to tell you that it was hooked up and unhooked before (before i started with the company) and I am just rehooking it back up. from what I have been told is that it worked before. When I click on OPeration/site on the software it tells me the controller is not assigned. How do I assign it?

Hello! Did you figure out to solve the problem ?

Follow the steps.

In entrapass

1) Setup the Gateway

2) Setup the Site + Put the communication port. ( With KT300 you can connect with RS232 or With a module converting from RS232 to RS485)

3) Setup the Controller (critical to put the s/n on the box there)

At the control

1) do your connections ( Careful to make the right pin connection)

2) do a hard reset (make a jumper from RL1 to DOOR-DOOR 1)

If the Heart led is blinking 3 times you got connection with the pc, you can always check the small yellow led rs232 or rs485 will light (left side of the controller).

If you need any further help pm me

I am having a similar problem with a kt315 being connected via USB. It says not assigned. The blue heart beat lights flashes 4 times. I tried the above steps but got no joy. I did notice that when the Tx light on the USB module flashes, so does the Rx light on the panel.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have set the baud rates to be the same on the port and in the software and I have the correct serial. The status that is seen says controller or module not assigned.

Thanks in advance for any help.